Effective Date: May 25, 2018
2. What information we collect
We strive at all times to comply with best practices and international laws surrounding user’s data, including the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation. As such, we only gather information we need for a legitimate purpose. That information includes:
- Information we collect and control
- Information we process on your behalf
Information we collect and control
We directly collect and control information under the following circumstances:
- Information you voluntarily provide to the Site or when you contact us. The Site provides users with contact form functionality to provide general inquiries, post a job or provide website feedback. This form emails submitted information directly to us and does not store data on the Site. Please note that use of this form is strictly voluntary and in no way required for using the Site.
- Information needed to create accounts for volunteers. When you sign up for a volunteer account, we ask for your name and email address to complete the account creation process. You will also be issued a unique username and a password for accessing the created account. You may also provide us with more information such as your photo and time zone but we don’t require that information to sign up for an account.
Information we process on your behalf
In addition to information we gather directly, we process information on your behalf under the following circumstances:
- Voluntary newsletter sign-up. When you request to join our mailing list, we use the service MailChimp to collect your name and email address. This information is not stored on the Site in any way.
- Analytical Site usage information. We use Google Analytics to automatically collect site usage data as you navigate through the site; however, we do not track any personally identifiable information as part of our analytics and use Google’s IP anonymization technologies to ensure our analytics data is anonymized.
3. How we use your information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide the services you requested.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site.
- To send you our periodic digest emails but you can unsubscribe from it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
4. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Site's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Site, our customers or others.
Your web browser offers “cookies” which, if you allow their use, store small amounts of data on your computer when you visit our Site. Cookies do not contain any personal information about you and therefore cannot be used to identify you personally. However, cookies assist us in tracking which of our features you like best. Therefore, cookies enable us to customize our content according to your preferences. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying your browser settings. You can still view our Site even if you disable the cookie function on your browser. However, if you disable cookies, some advanced and customized features will not be available to you.
6. Children’s privacy
We are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children's privacy online. Children under 13 years of age are not allowed to use our Site. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 and our service is not directed to children under 13. If we learn or have reason to suspect that any Site user is under the age of 13, we will delete any personal information in that user's account or use that information only to respond directly to that child (or a parent or legal guardian) to inform him or her that he or she cannot use our Site.
7. Data security
Personal information you provide to us is stored on a password protected server accessible only by administrator. We adhere to the generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site because any transmission of information over the Internet has its inherent risks. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. You are responsible for keeping your login credentials, if any, confidential.
8. Accessing and correcting your personal information