Pakistan nationals: Water Management Specialist
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner. The position is based in FAO Representation in Islamabad, Pakistan.
The incumbent will report to Land and Water officer based in FAO-Pakistan office in Islamabad
Water Resources management; Stakeholder Engagement plan development; Capacity development of the related staff; Assessment of Technical feasibilities, technical specifications of irrigation infrastructure ; Remote Sensing, GIS
Tasks and responsibilities
- Conduct administrative support functions in relation to staff, office premises, furniture, equipment, vehicles and transport in accordance with FAO guidelines.
- Review existing sectoral policies and prepare brief on major water related challenges in the country and provinces /regions
- Provide technical support to field teams on water management related interventions in different FAO programme across KP/FATA
- Review and Validate technical specifications, Drawings and BOQs
- Guide irrigation engineers/ hydraulic experts based in provincial offices in preparation of detailed project work plan, procurement plan and successful implementation
- Review progress towards the work plan and the stated objectives on quarterly basis
- Monitor field activities / spot checks and ensure the preparation of quality reports in line with the rules and regulations of the Donor
- Guide and assist in developing and strengthening the capacity of water user organizations in consultation with the relevant government departments, local authorities and non- governmental partners Technical support to field engineers and preparation of work/tools specifications
- Coordinate with Government and International relief organizations for wider and effective benefits of community