Associate Project Officer
Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions.
Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9)
In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. AS to NS or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first performance review after staff has completed at least one full year in the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new position.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 67 members.
The position is assigned in the Environment, Natural Resources & Agriculture Division (SEER) within the Southeast Asia Department (SERD). SERD is responsible for maintaining client relations and delivering ADB assistance to countries in the Southeast Asian region. SEER deals with policy development, oversight of strategy implementation, knowledge management, budget management, project quality assurance, sector analytic work, and loan and technical assistance processing and administration in the agriculture, natural resources and rural development sector, including agricultural and food productivity enhancement and value chain development, sustainable rural infrastructure, climate resilience and environmental sustainability, and natural resources management.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Project Officer will provide analytical and statistical support to the division's project portfolio, including technical support in project processing and administration, with focus on procurement processes and requirements. The incumbent will report to the designated International Staff and senior National Staff.
- Assist the project team leader in the recruitment of technical assistance (TA), loan, and staff consultants for assigned projects; coordinate and update milestone events of loans/TAs projects for processing in eOperations and in monitoring sheets; and assist in the design of project implementation arrangements, including project management, procurement/disbursement procedures, procurement plan, contract awards and disbursement projections, financing plans, fund flow arrangements and audit requirements.
- Assist in the review of procurement readiness of projects under processing; participate in loan fact finding missions as necessary; and provide inputs to report and recommendation of the President (RRP) and project administration manual (PAM) preparation, as needed, with focus on the procurement plan, procurement readiness, and contract awards and disbursement projections.
- Undertake activities connected with the initial operation and implementation of projects; support revisions of procurement plans during implementation, as needed; review and comment on relevant documents on the procurement of civil works, goods and services; and assist in updating and revising PAMs.
- Participate in project inception, review, midterm review, special loan administration missions and project completion review missions as necessary and identify issues for discussion during missions.
- Review executing agencies' (EAs) bidding documents and bid evaluation reports and prequalification reports for goods and services; process changes in project scope, procurement plans, contract awards and disbursement projections, and implementation arrangements; assist in the processing of disbursement claims; monitor compliance with loan/grant covenants and use of loan/grant proceeds; review audited financial accounts, project accounts, and progress reports; guide and coach EA staff and consultants on ADB's procurement and consultant recruitment guidelines and policies, and procedural updates.
- Monitor and analyze contract awards and disbursements performance vs. projections; prepare and update the project implementation progress monitoring databases on the assigned projects; monitor safeguards and financial management compliance.
- Provide support to TA administration, such as recruitment of TA consulting firms and individual consultants, processing of change in scope and implementation arrangements; monitoring of consultant's inputs and processing of related claims for payments, processing of contract variations, and assist in the closure of physically completed TA projects.
- Participate in SEER's Project Administration Unit (PAU) meetings and ensure timely and regular update of project records in the eOperations.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned as reflected in the incumbent's work plan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration, or related fields, preferably with advanced training.
- At least 6 years of relevant work experience.
- PASS accreditation should be obtained within 9 months in the position.
- Extensive knowledge of ADB policies in a wide range of areas including project processing, administration, accounting, procurement and general administration.
- Ability to research, analyze and check data from external and internal sources, reconcile or explain inconsistencies and perform statistical calculations.
- Proficiency in database management method.
- Previous experience with TAIS, LFIS, eOps and CMS.
- High level of proficiency in use of the Internet and standard ADB computer applications.
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Strong oral and written communications skills in English.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for National Staff 1.
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
This vacancy is a local staff position. It is open only to nationals and residents of the Philippines.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.