Pakistan nationals: Programme Associate Education & WASH
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support to programme development, planning and execution
- Researches, analyzes, verifies, synthesizes and compiles qualitative and quantitative data information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers and presentations.
- Drafts project documents, work plans, budgets, and proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Carries our transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Monitors and tracks the efficient distribution of supplies that are required for effective programme delivery.
2. Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results
- Prepares monitoring and reporting information for supervisor on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results.
- Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decisions and/or follow up.
3. Support in resource mobilization
- Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information in support of preparing reports pertaining to donors (both current and potential).
- Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information to assist in the preparation of periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of programme funds.
- Carries out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants for his/her section such as registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants.
4. Support in knowledge management and capacity building
- Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes information on best practices and lessons learnt to support knowledge development and capacity building.
- Supports capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, programme development, and related internal UNICEF systems/tools by preparing training materials and participating on exercises pertaining to programme processes and procedures which aim to build capacity of stakeholders.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
A minimum of six years of administrative or clerical work experience is required.
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
Duty Station and Travel
Full time, office based with occasional travel to field.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
- Analyzing [II]
- Applying technical expertise [II]
- Planning and organizing [II]
- Following Instructions and Procedures [II]
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
HEC Attested degrees are a pre-requisite for employment at UNICEF. During the recruitment process candidates will be required to present HEC attested degrees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Opening Date Thu Jun 28 2018 06:00:00 GMT+0200 (Central European Summer Time) Pakistan Standard Time
Closing Date Thu Jul 12 2018 20:55:00 GMT+0200 (Central European Summer Time)