Senior Policy Officer
Operating from within Entities Governance Section of the Water Supply Division, you will have the opportunity to provide governance oversight for the four State-owned water entities: SunWater, Seqwater, Gladstone Area Water Board and Mount Isa Water Board. This can include developing Cabinet and Cabinet Budget Review Committee submissions; preparing shareholding Minister’s briefing information and correspondence; analysing and advising on government reporting requirements in relation to the water entities, including annual reports, performance plans and quarterly reports; and liaising with the entities, including senior executives.
Policy & Planning
Brisbane Inner City
Job ad reference
For 6 months with possible extension
Ph: (07) 3199 4895
• Research, analyse, interpret and provide advice on complex water policy and how it applies to Queensland government water entities.
• Liaise, consult and negotiate with key State-owned water entities on a diverse range of issues, including at senior levels.
• Analyse business cases annual reports, quarterly performance reports and yearly performance plans.
• Prepare as directed complex briefing notes, submissions, presentations, speeches, publications and correspondence.
• Liaise, consult and foster effective networks with team members, other Departmental work units, government agencies and industry to deliver best practice governance oversight.
• Exercise judgement to effectively manage competing priorities while working collaboratively with colleagues
• Manage contracts and consultancies as appropriate.
• Other tasks as directed by DNRME senior management.
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.