Local recruitment: Specialist for data collection
FAO Partnership and Liaison Office in Azerbaijan in partnership with the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Azerbaijan is planning to implement the “Improved water governance: towards sustainable agricultural development” project under Technical Cooperation Programme (TCP). The main goal of the project is to support the Government of Azerbaijan in establishing a sustainable national water governance system through strengthened national capacities, improved coordination among stakeholders and adoption of efficient irrigation technologies. The impacts of the project will include improved agricultural productivity and food security, increased conservation of land and water resources, and resilience of agriculture to impacts of climate change
Mr. Bariz Mehdiyev , Assistant to the FAO Representative
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative, direct supervision of AFAOR, technical supervision of the project LTO and National Project Coordinator (NPC) and in close collaboration with the FAO-Azerbaijan office, national counterparts, and stakeholders, the national long-term expert will;
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Review available reports, databases, web resources and publication and collect data on national and organizations levels as needed
- Collect information through surveys and interviews, including data on local conditions and agricultural practices
- Provide technical and administrative support to the team as needed, including minor translation and interpretation services
- Collection and submission to the national water expert of data taking into account climate change, population growth, increasing demand for water and limiting the use of water resources
- Identification of scenarios for the next 20 years, taking into account climate change, population growth and water demand in agriculture using WEAP (water evaluation and planning ) software
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline such as data management, expertise in water policy, monitoring and evaluation or other related field preferred to this contract or a bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline as described before and 3 years above the required general professional experience in a field related to this contract;
- Good spoken and written English and Azerbaijani;
- Working knowledge of other UN language is an asset and knowledge of Russian is an advantage;
- National of Azerbaijan or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Proven experience conducting in-depth interviews, survey, and qualitative data analysis;
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to travel and conduct required analysis within the agreed timelines;
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
• FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
• Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
• Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
• Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
• For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org