Water Treatment Process Advisor
REPUBLIC OF MOZAMBIQUE
MINISTRY OF PUBLIC WORKS, HOUSING AND WATER RESOURCES
PROCUREMENT MANAGEMENT UNIT
WATER SECTOR SERVICES AND INSTITUTIONAL SUPPORT PROJECT II (WASIS II)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
WATER TREATMENT PROCESS ADVISOR
IDA Grant No: D110
Request for Expression of Interest No: FIPAG/WASIS II/CON-10/18
1. This Request for Expressions of Interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared in Development Business of 4th December 2015.
2. The Government of Mozambique has received financing from the International Development Association toward the cost of the Water Services and Institutional Support Project II (WASIS II), and it intends to apply part of the proceeds for payments under the Contract for the Water Treatment Process (WTP) Advisor.
3. The services include technical assistance to the Client (FIPAG) for the preparation, design review, implementation and optimization of treatment plants projects under the program as well as the FIPAG’s operations maintenance support and propose the planning strategy for future water treatment infrastructures design.
4. The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be found at the following website: http://www.fipag.co.mz/index.php/pt/documentos-media/anuncios-concursos/....
5. The Fundo de Investimento e Património do Abastecimento de Água (FIPAG) as implementing agency of the Government of Mozambique, now invites eligible Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The WTP Advisor shall possess the following qualifications and experience:
- MSc degree in Chemical, Water Supply, Environmental, Civil Engineering or similar, relevant to the water treatment process.
- He/ She must have at least 15 years of cumulative general experience related to Civil Engineering studies, designs and construction associated to WTP projects construction, rehabilitation and/or operation and maintenance.
- Demonstrate knowledge of design and construction best practice, standards and specifications related to water treatment process engineering as applied to the Water/Sanitation sector, through training certificates (at least 3 certificates within the last 5 years).
- He/ She must have had, in the last ten (10) years, specific experience in delivering treatment plant processes within the engineering design and construction environment, and in water laboratory equipment installations of similar complexity.
- He/ She must demonstrate having actively participated in detailed studies (designs) and construction of at least two (2) water treatment plants projects in the tropical weather region, as a water treatment process expert.
- Demonstrate experience in FIDIC based contracts, familiarity with Mozambican national policies and procedures within the water sector as well as experience of International Donor Funded Projects (ADB, French Development Agency, Orio or World Bank).
- Be highly motivated and with a strong desire to promote technical excellence within project teams.
- Fluent in English language both written and spoken, with particular emphasis on report writing and contractual correspondence. The working language, all reports and communications, will be in English however, during the implementation of the assignment the Consultant may meet some Portuguese speakers with no ability to communicate in English. Therefore, Portuguese knowledge will be an advantage.
- The applicant shall provide:
(i) Full time contact mail address and mobile phone numbers.
(ii) Contact details of his/her references (Clients/Employers) in the last 5 years.
(iii) Names of three referees and their contact (email addresses and mobile/cell telephone numbers).
6. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraph 3.14, 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016, (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
7. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant Selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
8. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours, from 7:30 to 15:30 hours.
9. Expressions of Interest must be delivered in a written form (in English), to the address below (in person, or by e-mail) by 14:30 hours on 4th May 2021.
10. The above mentioned address is:
Fundo de Investimento e Património do Abastecimento de Água
Av. Filipe Samuel Magaia, Nr 1291 R/C
Telephone: 258 21 30 88 40, Fax: 258 21 30 88 81