Syria nationals: Shelter/WASH Technical Assistant
Duties and responsibilities
- Support the start-up of shelter and WASH projects at area level
- Assist in the planning of the assigned shelter and WASH activities (schedule, locations, resources, and targets) in line with NRC's shelter and WASH strategies, yearly planning, targets, and quality standards
- Ensure high-quality and timely implementation of all activities through regular monitoring of rehabilitation and construction activities
- Assist in the assessment and selection of schools for implementation of school rehabilitation activities, including WASH facilities
- Conduct monitoring and quality check of the NRC activities implemented by contributing to data collection, documentation, data analysis and drafting of regular activity implementation and monitoring reports, as per NRC logframe and donor requirements
- Establish and maintain effective collaborative relationships with relevant stakeholders and community representatives
- Support the Shelter/WASH Officer to build synergies with other components of the shelter/WASH programme and other core competencies. Constantly liaise with relevant departments, as per need
- Prepare all administrative, logistical, and financial arrangements and documentation for the activities assigned/coordinated, as per NRC standards Assist in the selection process of the mobile resources needed to support the implementation of the education programmes Support the community outreach efforts, and the selection of beneficiaries
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience from working as a Shelter/Construction/WASH Assistant, preferably 1 years in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Knowledge and experience within a relevant administration, craft or technical field and ideally relevant vocational qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Civil Engineering, Public Engineering or Architecture, or any related field
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good knowledge in English and Arabic, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the context in North East Syria
- Experience from quantity surveying is an advantage
- Knowledge of building codes and standards in Syria
- Experience in building relationship with key stakeholders (e.g: schools principals, communities, etc)
- Computer skills, Microsoft programs and AutoCAD or similar is an advantage
- Willing to travel to remote areas and field locations, and flexible with working hours including weekends when required
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Working with people Coping with change
We can offer
Contract Period: Up to one year, renewable based on NRC fund and performance.
Salary/Benefits: According to NRC's salary scale and terms and conditions.
Duty Station: Qamishli City
- Candidates who do not fill in the website application form in details may not be considered.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Selected candidate in Al-Hasakah governate is expected to be located in Qamishli city during the working week.
You may refer to the relevant job description & NRC Grade Structure through the following links: