Team Leader (Water Sources)
The Team Leader shall be responsible for the proper execution of the entire study, manage the team and shall be the principal contact person between the team and SDF and HWA, and overall quality assurance. He/She will advise and ensure that the technical team incorporates the findings in the overall analysis and will be required to be the main point of liaison with SDF2 and HWA.
Qualifications and skills
- At least Master’s degree in Hydrogeology, Water Supply Engineering Civil Engineering (with Water Specialisation) or another relevant water related field.
- Proven analytical and report writing skills (Must submit website links for proof or list in CV for assessment in the capacity of lead author and or approver)
General professional experience
- She/He should have a minimum relevant experience of 15 years in assessments of water sources for urban water supply systems
- related to bulk water supply from surface water resources and groundwater developments.
Specific professional experience
- He/she must have specific experience working as a Senior Water Consultant
- Must have led at least 5 projects of a similar size and complexity involving comprehensive water resource assessment/planning
- funded by international financial institutions or donor agencies;
- Extensive experience with water source assessment and planning or feasibility studies involving groundwater and surface
- water resource development.
- At least three (3) of the above five projects should be in sub-Saharan Africa.
- English is a requirement.