Program Manager, Environmental Insights
- Bachelor's degree in Political Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with governmental organizations on Climate Change related initiatives/ projects.
- Experience managing external partners.
- Experience in Program and/or Project Management.
- Experience and impact leading strategy, operations and leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience working in a software development environment.
- Ability to establish, measure and track toward crisp success KPIs.
- Ability to represent projects internally and incorporate business, product and technical perspectives.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
About the job
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
Climate change is an urgent, global-scale problem that touches every single human. We are enabling city planners and policymakers with a freely accessible online platform that provides building and transportation emissions and solar potential analysis to make it easier for cities to measure progress against their climate action plans.
The Geo for Everyone team’s mission is to use the power of Geo data and technology to assist in building a more equitable, safe and sustainable future. Our team builds consumer-oriented Google Maps features to support Crisis Response, Women's Safety, Accessibility and more. We also build products such as Google Earth Engine and Environmental Insights Explorer, which are targeted at professionals in academia, government and industry. Our goal is to move the needle on global challenges and to make Geo's products more inclusive and empowering for everyone.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Establish strategy to support priorities across product, partnerships and activation.
- Work with Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy teams to establish and manage city projects designed to demonstrate civic innovations leveraging EIE to take action to reduce community carbon emissions.
- Run a tight process for product launches by establishing clear criteria for expansion from pilot to Beta to scale.
- Establish Geo’s internal and external positioning as the thought leader in building for underrepresented groups through crisis response, plus codes, gender equity, climate change.
- Establish decision making forums to make progress and remove roadblocks.
Use ⌘ + scroll to zoom the map
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.