Water Fabrication Technician Associate
A day in the life of a Water Fabrication Technician Associate
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and prayer. We hear from members of our staff, both from IHQ and our global offices, as well as special guest speakers who encourage us in God’s word. We then join together to pray for one another, as well as praying for staff and volunteers who serve around the globe. We get paid to start each day this way!
This is a temporary position lasting 3 months (12 weeks).
- Assist in the purchasing, fabrication, repair, operation, maintenance, and testing of disaster response equipment for water collection, treatment, storage, and distribution.
- Maintain an inventory of a variety of sizes and types of water collection, treatment, storage, and distribution systems and associated parts.
- Facilitate training on the operation of water systems.
- Maintain an orderly warehouse; take out rubbish, remove old pallets, sweep facility.
- Support WASH disaster relief efforts, including deploying on Disaster Assistance Response Teams (DARTs) as directed.
- Serve on the Incident Management Team (IMT) or Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) as directed.
- Follow policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participates in prayer support for the ministry, its donors, and volunteers.
In the role of Water Fabrication Technician Associate, you will support Samaritan’s Purse’s new global water initiative by helping build, maintain, and deploy airmobile water collection, treatment, storage, and distribution systems.
Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://bit.ly/2F8Nom5
Qualifications & Experience
- A personal, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ and desire to continue being an active, consistent witness for Him.
- High School diploma (required).
- Vocational training and 4 years of experience in welding, fabrication, intermediate plumbing, and electrical, or equivalent combination of education and experience (required).
- Welding, fabrication, intermediate plumbing, and electrical (required).
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings (required).
- Attention to detail (required).
- Preparing and maintaining a variety of forms, records, reports, and documentation.
- Interpreting and applying applicable laws, ordinances, codes, rules, and regulations.
- Project management and training skills.
- Demonstrate strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to work with a diverse team in a pressured environment.
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently. A strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams across the organization.
- Working knowledge of MS Office software, including Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
- Travel may be required.
Job Location: North Wilkesboro, NC
Type (Full-Time/Part-Time/Associate): Associate (Full-Time/Temporary)
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required)
Travel Expectations: Ability to travel. Travel may be required.