Australia nationals: Regional Lead Catchment Strategies
We love water and love life. What we do makes a vital contribution to Melbourne’s famous lifestyle. We achieve this by supplying high quality drinking water, providing outstanding sewerage services, integrating drainage systems, building resilience to flooding and by enhancing our waterway and land for greater community use. It’s a pride we share in helping to make greater Melbourne a fantastic place to live.
Reporting to the Team Leader Catchment Strategies and Services you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference and add to our work environment, within a place where you can learn and perform to your fullest potential.
As the Regional Lead, Catchment Strategies you’ll be responsible for providing technical leadership to the Strategies team. Within the role you will work with and lead others to implement Melbourne Water’s drainage strategy designs, the financial and engineering review program as well as managing the entire portfolio of schemes. Your demonstrated experience in Civil Engineering as well as supporting and enabling a high performance customer focused team will be highly regarded.
Make an Impact
Become part of a talented and passionate team dedicated to enhancing life and liveability in Melbourne and beyond. Doing truly meaningful work in a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents. We provide a range of employee benefits that will make your experience working at Melbourne Water both professionally and personally rewarding.
Melbourne Water is committed to flexible working. We offer a variety of flexible arrangements to suit our employees varied needs and the business, including purchased leave, varied start and finish times, working from alternative locations, part time work and 9-day fortnights. We understand that Melbourne Water and our customers benefit from enabling our employees to achieve balance in work and life.
Our people are passionate, welcoming and inclusive. We welcome applications from everyone, including people with disability, mature age and young job seekers, members of the LGBTI+ community, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Melbourne Water welcomes and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Your Skills and Experience
- Senior level experience, skills and knowledge in areas of land development and town planning, stormwater and floodplain management, drainage infrastructure planning, engineering design and construction, environmental management and water sensitive urban design.
- The ability to deliver quality outcomes through meeting deadlines, honouring commitments, attention to detail, ensuring rigour and managing risk.
- The ability to professionally respond to developers and explore flexible infrastructure design solutions.
- Strong capability to forecast development activity and infrastructure construction in Schemes.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and proven financial acumen experience.
- Demonstrated organisational and program management skills to ensure agreed targets are achieved.
Your ability to manage a high performing team together with a tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering is required.
For more information, please see the attached Position Description: Position Description - Regional Lead Catchment Strategies_.pdf
How to apply
Click on the "apply" button and complete the online application form.
Closing date: Sunday 17 January 2021 at 11:55pm AEST
Please note a Police Check / Health Assessment is required for this position.
- 11 Dec 2020 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
- 17 Jan 2021 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time