Field Engineer (Flood Recovery Project)
BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. The organisation was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 and acts as a catalyst, creating opportunities for people to transform their lives. BRAC believes in integrity, inclusiveness, effectiveness, and innovation in all areas of work. BRAC uses an integrated model to change systems of inequity, through social development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments and a university. It operates in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings in 11 countries across Asia and Africa.
BRAC is a global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes, and has been ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last five years consecutively by NGO Advisor.
The Field Engineer, under the leadership of the Project Manager, will provide technical and administrative support to the project, ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. The position holder will also support the Project Coordinator and Field Facilitators in organising effective monitoring tools when evaluating progress of the project. This position, in consultation with the Project Manager, will manage all engineering activities in the targeted areas. This position is required for frequent travel to the interventions areas.
Field Engineer, Flood Recovery Project (Contractual); BRAC Humanitarian Programme
- Ensure that all project activities, particularly the water, sanitation and hygiene interventions, are delivered in an efficient, equitable, and accountable manner, adhering to donor (FCDO-UNOPS) and BRAC standards.
- Assist the project team in overall planning, budgeting, implementation and monitoring of the project.
- Manage information flows between sites and the Project Manager.
- Support the Project Manager on issues that may impact achievement of activities including sustainability and post project requirements such as maintenance
- Initiate and lead relevant WASH infrastructures like tube wells and latrines, construction, up gradation, and rehabilitation.
- Collaborate with Project Coordinator and Finance and Admin Officer in quotation collection, quotation evaluation, contractor selection, orders, work order issue and purchases.
- Provide technical supervision and cross checking of construction materials of WASH infrastructure before installation maintaining set standards.
- Manage and review product quality and ensure procurement as per project technical requirements.
- Provide regular written and verbal records to the Project Manager on infrastructure development activities.
- Maintain detailed work plan and documentation of engineering work undertaken in the project, including site visits and reporting of work progress.
- Conduct regular monitoring and full technical supervision and provide technical inputs to the beneficiaries.
- Identify and manage risks to ensure maximum benefit to participants.
- Manage construction contract by providing engineering support and process contract change orders and design revisions, as necessary
- Ensure that contracted services are implemented according to contractual agreements.
- Attend relevant internal and external meetings with donors and other stakeholders.
- Ensure that all expenditures comply with FCDO-UNOPS Financial Rules and Regulations.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
Diploma in Civil Engineering from any recognised polytechnic institute/ college with all second class/ division or equivalent GPA/ CGPA in all academic examinations.
Minimum 05 years’ experience in civil engineering works or in relevant field is required.
- Sound knowledge of disaster management, road construction, earthen works and WASH
- Capable for planning and prioritizing under any stress situation
- Demonstrated coordination skill and able to implement programme in a challenging work environment
- Excellent communication, coordination and networking skill
- Familiar with MS Office, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
Salary & Benefits
Other Benefits: As per organisation policy
Job Location: BRAC Field Office
Last Apply Date: 26/Nov/2020
BRAC believes every one of its employees, suppliers, downstream partners, visitors, clients and community including children, youth and vulnerable adults that come into contact regardless of age, race, religion, gender, disability or ethnic origin has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation. We guarantee assessment of candidates with disabilities who meet the essential requirements. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will do everything possible to ensure that those who are suitable to work within our values and beliefs are recruited to work for us. Any personal persuasion will result in disqualification of candidature.