Field Delegate Blue Schools Sudan
The Swiss Red Cross (SRC) is the largest humanitarian organization in Switzerland. We provide a broad range of services for the benefit of particularly vulnerable and disadvantaged people in Switzerland and in more than 20 countries around the world. Our national headquarters in Bern and Wabern also support the SRC's member organizations and institutions and provide the foundations for effective, efficient and sustainable services.
The Swiss Red Cross (SRC) has been working with the Sudanese Red Crescent Society (SRCS) since 1999, supporting emergency interventions as well as longer-term development projects in different geographical and thematic areas. In 2018, SRC started a new cooperation with SRCS’ North Kordofan Branch and currently implements a community-based health project while also engaging in disaster and pandemic response actions. In September 2019, SRC seized the opportunity to participate in phase III of the Swiss Water and Sanitation Consortium (SWSC) with a Blue Schools project proposal for Sudan. Taking into account the experiences from a current school health project in Sennar State, SRC ascribes the Blue Schools approach a considerable potential in the Sudan context. For the implementation of this new Blue Schools Project the Kordofan States we are looking for a:
to be based in Kordofan State, Sudan, with regular travel to Khartoum.
- Support the SRCS Branches in the overall implementation of the new Blue Schools Project
- Facilitate timely planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the project
- Support and accompany the project team in the implementation of specific project activities
- Ensure good financial management of the project, including accounting at project level, financial planning and fund requests, budget follow-up and financial reporting, and internal control
- Act as resource person and provide technical support and capacity building to the SRCS branch teams and SRCS volunteers
- Ensure adherence to pre-defined purchase and procurement rules
- Document and promote good practices, knowledge management and institutional learning
- Contribute to SRC disaster management in case of emergencies in Sudan.
- Master in International Cooperation, humanitarian affair or related area
- Minimum of 5 years international working experience as a project manager
- Expertise in development cooperation at field level, experience with Blue Schools approach an asset
- Strong capacities in project and team management, including experience with capacity-building / on-the-job training of local staff
- International work experience within the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement or with an INGO, as well as experience of working with local partners
- Demonstrated skills in financial management
- Willingness to launch a new partnership and initiate and further develop a new project
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a proactive approach to finding and proposing solutions to challenges
- Sense of relative autonomy, diplomacy, flexibility, sensitivity to cultural differences and adaptability to a challenging work environment
- Experience with interventions in complex and fragile contexts
- Very good command of written and spoken English, proficiency in Arabic an advantage.
What you can expect
- 14 months contract with the option of extension, starting from February 2021 or as per agreement (departure is depending on issuance of visa).
- Competitive salary, social insurances, travel expenses and contribution to accommodation provided.
Please submit your application with CV with a motivation letter and names of three referees (will be contacted only if candidate is shortlisted) until 30 November 2020 attn. Ms Isabel Bangerter. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.