2021 IDB Remote Winter Internship Program | Water and Sanitation Division INE/WSA
Background of this search:
Water and Sanitation Division (INE/WSA) is looking for an active graduate student (Master or PhD) or recent graduate (graduate level program) with finance background to be hired as a Remote Winter Intern under Products and External Services Consultant (PEC) modality.
The team’s mission:
The Water and Sanitation Division (INE/WSA), as a part of the Infrastructure and Energy Sector (INE), provides technical support to member countries on conceptualization, preparation and execution of programs and projects in the water and sanitation sector. Specifically, WSA works in activities related to potable water, sanitation, urban drainage, water resources and solid waste. Following the Bank strategies, INE/WSA seeks to assist countries in their efforts to ensure universal access to these services in a sustainable manner and with high quality in their provision.
What you will do:
- Research, review and analyze cases, data, and literature on innovative financial mechanism in the water and sanitation sector related with climate finance activities, including green bonds and blended finance instruments, among others.
- Research possible application and promotion for innovative financial mechanisms in the water and santitation sector in Latin America and the Caribbean through the use loans, guarantees and technical cooperation activities, among others, which could potentially be implemented by the IDB Group.
Deliverables and Payments timeline:
- Deliverable 1: Literature review and data analysis related to innovative financial mechanism in the water and sanitation sector related with climate finance, including case studies, its challenges and effectiveness.
- Deliverable 2: Report with findings of of promotion and possible aplication for innovative financial mechanisms in the water and sanitation sector in Latin America and the Caribbean.
The payment schedule will be as following: 25% on January 30, 25% on February 15, 25% on February 28, and 25% on March 15, 2021.
What you will need:
- Education: Active graduate student (Master or PhD. program) or recent graduate from a graduate level program (maximum of 1 year after graduation date) in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, or a related field in an accredited university.
- Experience: Minimum two years of experience.
- Languages: Be proficient in English and preferably with a working knowledge of one of the Bank’s additional official languages (e.g. Spanish, Portuguese, or French).
- Soft Skills: Self-management, flexibility, dependability, relationship building, results-driven, with strong communication skills.
- Technical skills: Ability to analyze financial statements, financial indicators, and other financial information. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
Remote Internship under PEC modality Requirements:
To be part of our Remote Internship you will need to comply with all the following requirements:
- Be a national of any IDB member country.
- Be minimum 23 years of age as of the starting date of the remote winter internship.
- Be an active graduate student (Master or PhD. program) or recent graduate from a graduate level program (maximum of 1 year after graduation date) in accredited University.
- For active graduate students, submit academic transcripts as an attachment to the application, demonstrating a minimum of 50% of coursework completion and issued within the last 3 months.
- For recent graduates, submit a valid certificate with graduation date not older than January 16, 2019 as an attachment to the application.
- Not be former staff member, Complementary Workforce (“CW”), contractors for the Corporation or the Bank or have previously provided services to the Corporation or the Bank through a contractor or under any other contractual modality.
- Not have family members (up to fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB or IDB Invest.
- Have access to Internet connection.
Candidates with more than 3 applications in the 2021 Remote Winter Internship Program for IDB, IDB Lab, and IDB Invest will be automatically disqualified.
- Type of contract and modality: Remote Winter Intern hired under Products and External Services Consultant (PEC) modality
- Length of contract: Two months
- Internship date: January 16 to March 15, 2021
- Location: Remote
- Responsible person: Sector Senior Specialist INE/WSA
Our culture: Our people are committed and passionate about improving lives in Latin-America and the Caribbean, and they get to do what they love in a diverse, collaborative, and stimulating work environment. We are the first Latin American and Caribbean development institution to be awarded the EDGE certification, recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality. As an employee you can be part of internal resource groups that connect our diverse community around common interests.
We encourage women, afro-descendants, people of indigenous origins, and persons with disabilities to apply.
About us: At the Inter-American Development Bank, we are devoted to improving lives. Since 1959, we have been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. We do more than lending though. We partner with our 48 member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with cutting-edge research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve on the
planning and execution of projects. For this, we need people who not only have the right skills, but also are passionate about improving lives.
Accessibility, Logistics, and Expenses: In case of providing services on your post of hire, or an alternate location, the contractual remote intern will be responsible for setting telephone and computer accesses required to provide the services under this Agreement. The contractual remote intern is fully responsible for any expenses incurred for these purposes, such as but not limited to computer, phone lines and/or network connections. Also, the intern must be accessible to be contacted and respond within a reasonable time frame (1 day) by means of telephone and/or e-mail for matters related to this contract.