Recruitment: Water Mentor (Program)
Village Social Transformation Foundation (VSTF) is a Government of Maharashtra’s initiative to encourage private sectors participation to achieve sustainable development Goals in Maharashtra. VSTF is implementing 1000 villages program across 25 districts of Maharashtra and program outcomes are prenominal and noted by across various development agencies. The ethos of social transformation program is localisation of development goals at gram panchayat level and fostering partnerships to achieve it.
VSTF in partnership STL, intends to implement the program “Strengthening Community Institutions to Ensure Village Water Safety and Security”. The proposed program intends to empower community based institutions particularly by improved participation of women and girls through formation and strengthening Water Users Associations/groups, i.e. Village water, sanitation, health and nutrition Committees; to raise awareness, build local capacities, and improve increased water-use efficiency to ensure Village Water Safety and Security across all sectors. Water secure villages are important as a community preparedness against COVID-19 and ensure villages are WASH Compliant.
VSTF intends to appoint Water Mentor for the implementation of the program in Aurangabad District purely on contractual basis.
The Water Mentor will be working closely with the program team.
Required Skills and Experience
- M. Sc. in Geology with 20-25 years of experience working in rural Maharashtra.
- 10 - 15 years of experience working in the area of expertise under which geology, ground water management, Aquifer management, water budgeting. etc.
- Experience in working with government institutions is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people from different backgrounds to deliver quality products within a short timeframe
- Demonstrates flexibility in the event adjustments are required based on the findings, both at the organizational and technical levels, for successful implementation of the assignment
Fluency in Marathi and English.
Remuneration package: up to Rs. 1,00,000/- per month
Duty location: Home based/Visit to VSTF Mumbai office, and project site.
Duration of the assignment: 90 days includes 15-20days travel to project location in Aurangabad.
Preference will be given to candidate who can join at the earliest.
VSTF is an equal opportunity employer .
All applications with the prescribed format and relevant experience should email to firstname.lastname@example.org