Consultant for Preparing Regional Report of Fish Larvae
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Ph.D. Degree in river fish biology-ecology including fish larvae or fisheries management with significant knowledge in freshwater or inland fisheries;
- Have at least 7-year experiences in fish larvae or fisheries management;
- Have a strong knowledge in preparation of technical report, especially international peer review article, on basin-wide fish and hydrology;
- Have a strong knowledge of river fisheries biology and ecology particularly in the Lower Mekong Basin;
- Have good statistical knowledge, including multivariable analysis, and diversity index (including specific software and other update-to-date or advanced programmes (e.g. Python or R)) are preferable;
- Experience in undertaking fisheries or biological assessment;
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Besides required qualities, immediate availability will be considered as an advantage to the selection process.
Interested applicants may find more information about the position through the Terms of Reference on the top right corner of this page. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application, in a single PDF file, must include (i) a detailed CV and (ii) a Personal History Form by register at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/39RJ8LB. The position title and division must be indicated in the cover letter. The MRC offers challenging job with attractive compensation package.
Closing date for applications: 07 October 2020