Water Quality Expert
Purpose of the function
Ensure the technical component of Water Quality Management with support for the implementation of the activities of the Management Contract Cunene Water and Sanitation Utility (EASC).
Responsibilities for this position:
- Provide technical assistance and knowledge transfer;
- Water quality and topics associated with treatment;
- Water sampling and analysis systems with monthly and annual chemical management forecasts;
- Collection of water samples, laboratory tests for analysing samples with chemical or microbiological parameters;
- Laboratory control, equipment assessment and technical training;
- Evaluation of flavour, quality and turbidity parameters, investigating the reasons for the reduction in water quality and suggesting changes or solutions to these problems;
- Knowledge of applicable water quality laws, regulations and standards;
- Operational monitoring plans, including: definition of operational parameters to be monitored, inspection requirements, locations and frequency of sampling, methods and equipment for sampling, verification and interpretation of results;
- Ensure compliance and compliance with health and safety standards at work.
- Assist in reporting water quality information.
Qualifications and experience
- Academic degree in the water, chemical engineering, environment or other aspects related to the project area;
- At least 8 (eight) years of general professional experience in the water sector;
- At least 4 (four) years of experience with a water quality specialist;
- International experience in African countries, preferably in Angola, is an advantage.
- Required fluency in Portuguese and proficiency in English
12 months contract
Experts’ applications have to include a complete CV (WB format, preferably, 4 pages) and should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The selection process will end on September 30.