Research Associate – Analytical and Program Management Support
Department: Research Operations
Reportsto: Program Director – Hydrology and Watersheds
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The Research Associate in Analytical and Program Management Support isresponsible for performing technical assistance, project management,stakeholder engagement and proposal development in support of projectspertaining to water and energy resources. Work involves a high degree ofexpertise, creative insight, and technical skill. Work may involve thedevelopment of new theories and methodologies and management of components of aresearch project or program.
ESSENTIALDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide oversight of projects in terms of project management. Ensure timelines are in place and that progress reports, interim reports, final reports, subcontractor management and project deliverables are all completed on time and within budget and project scope.
- Provide technical assistance and analytical support for groundwater hydrology Science Advisory Committee.
- Provide networking and education support for groundwater hydrology Science Advisory Committee.
- Plan and facilitate stakeholder meetings.
- Provide data analysis support; experience with modeling and understanding how to interpret model results and communicate them to the public
- Develop and conduct webinars and presentations to educate community members and stakeholders on the science of water conservation, groundwater management, and energy efficiency.
- Conduct sustainability research and assist with the publication of peer review papers, white papers and general communication products.
- Assist with grant and proposal writing for water use, energy efficiency and water conservation studies.
- Manage project teams, budgets, and timely completion ofproject deliverables.
- Work with other research staff to identify potential funding sources.
- Write white papers and proposals for submission to funding sources.
- Develop project budgets to achieve objectives and desired outcomes in creative and cost effective ways.
- Investigate the feasibility of applying a wide variety of principles and concepts to developing products and solving problems related to HARC’s mission.
- Collaborate with other HARC researchers on multidisciplinary projects.
- Initiate andpromote teamwork, shared learning and integrated approaches to sustainability.
- Useprofessional knowledge and skills to contribute to the achievement of HARC’smission.
- Serve on HARC committees or working groups as assigned.
- Initiate and promote external collaboration and integratedapproaches to sustainability; organize and engage external stakeholders andpartners to complete research objectives.
- Make contributions to discipline through the creation of peerreview publications, technical reports, public outreach documents, web content,and external presentations.
- Maintain broad knowledge of state-of-the-artprinciples, theories and practices in discipline.
To perform thisjob successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of theknowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may bemade to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentialfunctions.
M.S. in hydrology, hydrogeology, or earthsciences, engineering, or geosciences with an analytical or statistical focus,or other related discipline is preferred. 5-8 years management/research/stakeholder engagement and related experience desired.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technicaljournals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to commoninquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of thebusiness community. Ability to create oral presentations and written articles forpublication that conform to prescribed styles and formats.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms,quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operationsto such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability andvalidity, analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw validconclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technicalinstructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract andconcrete variables.
Ability tofacilitate stakeholder meetings and communicate technical information to thepublic.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be computer literate inword processing, spreadsheet, internet and email software as well as projectspecific software. Experience with modeling software and ability to interpretmodeling results.
May supervise 1-3 employees based on project needs. Carries out supervisoryresponsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicablelaws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees;planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding anddisciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The workenvironment characteristics described here are representative of those anemployee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilitiesto perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job,the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather);outdoor weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in thework environment is usually quiet.
The physicaldemands described here are representative of those that must be met by anemployee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilitiesto perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/ormove up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includeClose vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequentlyrequired to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required tostand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands andarms.
HARC (HOUSTON ADVANCED RESEARCH CENTER) - 3 days ago
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer's application process.