Associate Water Resources Engineer
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
We currently have an immediate opportunity for an Associate Water Resources Engineer with the primary focus on a variety of stormwater and water resources projects. Work may include planning, designing, regulatory compliance and permitting on current and future projects in Virginia and across the Southeast Region. Projects will include stormwater management, Hydrology and Hydraulics, site grading and drainage, erosion and sediment control, stormwater facilities (e.g., BMP, GI, LID) planning studies, and water quality studies.
- Providing engineering or scientific support for field investigations, feasibility studies, design documentation and construction inspection phases of projects including report writing and field data collection
- Reviews regulations and standards necessary to carry out project design and permitting work
- Perform hydrologic, hydraulic, and water quality modeling, and geospatial evaluations
- Perform watershed and water quality assessments and conventional aspects of watershed planning and BMP prioritization
- Applies engineering principles to develop effective solutions
- Conduct site inspections to examine field conditions, drainage and erosion control needs, as built conditions, etc.
- Analyze reports, maps, drawings, tests, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design projects
- Work closely with the project team for a variety of water resources and site development projects
- Maintains knowledge of applicable health and safety requirements and environmental concerns
- Builds analytic and design skills
- Creates designs, calculations, sketches, diagrams, schematic drawings, and final working drawings under the supervision of an experienced engineer
- Collects and analyzes data under the supervision of an experienced engineer
- Uses computer software as a tool for solving basic engineering problems
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule under supervision
- Prepare written and graphic reports and make presentations
- Support the development of proposals
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in environmental, civil, agricultural or related engineering field
- Minimum 1-3 years of applicable experience in applicable field
- Working knowledge of civil and environmental engineering principles
- Basic knowledge of industry standard computer software for the position (e.g., AutoCAD, ArcGIS, Hydrologic/Hydraulic models)
- Basic understanding of surface water quality, stormwater quality, and stormwater management in construction and post-construction settings, hydrology, fluvial processes, and applicable rules and regulations
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with MS Office Programs/Capable of using spreadsheet, word processing, and standard office software
- Attention to detail in work; high quality and accuracy in work performed
- Strong analytical and computational abilities
- Understanding of statistical analyses
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and technical report writing
- Highly motivated and capable of working effectively in a team environment
- A strong sense of commitment, a willingness to learn, and a desire to work in a dynamic deadline driven environment
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) preferred or be on track to attain
- Good task and time management skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelors’ degree in civil or environmental engineering, or related field
- Hydrologic and hydraulic modeling software experience
- Possesses strong leadership skills
- Engineer-in-Training or ability to obtain within 1 year of hiring is highly desirable
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com, follow us on Twitter (@TetraTech or like us on Facebook. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.