Contribuirás a acabar con el hambre en el mundo por ...
To improve IDPs and host communities’ access to emergency water and sanitation and hygiene services.
Las principales actividades que desempeñaras son las siguientes:
Objective 1. Emergency Response
- Initial Rapid Assessment in affected areas
- Identify the emergency WASH needs and assist in the planning and implementation of the emergency WASH activities
- Coordination with camps, communities, and Government staff at field level
- Daily reporting and updates of field activities
Objective 2. Programming
- Conducting hygiene promotion sessions in the targeted community.
- Identification, training and follow-up of activities of community hygiene promotion volunteers.
- Training of Trainers in hygiene promotion to WASH committee members, hygiene volunteers, teachers, health workers etc.
- Ensure household and school level hygiene promotion activities are conducted in coordination with relevant agencies at the field.
- Facilitate the creation and capacity building of Provincial, Municipal WASH Task Forces & Councils and BAWASA for the sustainability of WASH inputs.
- Conduct assessments and surveys to identify and design hygiene promotion strategy in coordination and consultation with WASH Engineers.
- Ensuring maximum utilization of water and sanitation facilities.
- Organize & supervise the distribution of hygiene, cleaning and water treatment kit.
- To assist the team in planning, organizing, implementing and monitoring the Hygiene Promotion component of Action Against Hunger Program.
- Responsible for mobilization of communities, including project buy-in, identification of local resources, and management of community expectations.
- Monitor WASH programme indicators regularly with extra emphasis on community awareness on WASH and public health risk in coordination with relevant line agencies.
- To encourage and stimulate full participation by all community members, with special attention to those who are marginalized and overlooked in community decision making (inclusive approach) and develop trust, tolerance and cooperation among the community members through mobilizations process.
- To collect relevant data required related to key indicators from the community and other stakeholders and prepare regular reports.
- Facilitate distribution of essential hygiene materials, where required and within project design
- Participate in any kind of survey required for the work of Action Against Hunger.
Objective 3: Reporting
- Weekly (or each time necessary) written and oral report for line manager.
- Report any damage to the project/project facility caused by natural or human-made calamity and properly record WASH-related field implementation progress
- Archiving project technical documents systematically to facilitate organizational level learning, memory and reporting.
- Consolidate annual technical reports of Action Against Hunger project teams and of partners
Objective 4: Security
- Adhere to the Mission Reporting system and submit the reports requested on-time
- Respect the Security rules of Action Against Hunger and coordinate with the Security Officer / Head of Project for any security issues relating to work
- Report any security or other incidents in the field that may interrupt project activities directly to Base Security Officer / Head of Project.
Objective 5: Coordination:
- Work with other team members of Action Against Hunger (WASH and non-WASH) working in the same communities, to ensure the integration and complementarity of the different sector of the intervention.
- Ensure the inclusion of gender, child protection, environment and other crosscutting issues to the design, implementation and development of WASH activities, and ensure that activities take into account the needs of specific groups and individuals, especially children, elderly and disabled people
- To perform any other work related activities as agreed with your line management.
Esta descripción encaja contigo?
- Bachelor’s degree in Community Development, Nursing, Public Health or other relevant experience in emergency and humanitarian sector
- At least two (2) years’ relevant experience and understanding of Hygiene Promotion and community mobilization in relation to water and sanitation activities.
- Mobilization of the community conflict related issues in WASH activities.
- Familiarity with WASH standard in the development and humanitarian context.
- Ability to present concepts of WASH with other cross cutting themes like gender, protection and nutrition.
- Familiarity with the local culture, ability to develop respect from a wide range of people and strong ability to communicate effectively on hygiene matters.
- Has experience working in an emergency response (conflict setting desirable).
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
Nuestro paquete retributivo:
- Compensation: based on Action Against Hunger's salary grid
- Benefits: health insurance, accident and life insurance, leave entitlement, government-mandated benefits
- Project-based Employment
Acción contra el Hambre se compromete a prevenir cualquier tipo de comportamiento no deseado en el trabajo, incluyendo el acoso sexual, la explotación y el abuso sexual, la falta de integridad y /o mala praxis financiera; Esperamos que todo nuestro personal y los voluntarios compartan este compromiso a y compartan nuestro código de conducta y otras políticas relacionadas ya que sólo aquellos que compartan nuestros valores y código de conducta serán reclutados para trabajar para nosotros.