Climate Change Analyst (UNDP)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of Assistant Resident Representative Programme (ARR) the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Work with Environment and Sustainable development teams to support new concept and proposal development in the area of climate change action in line with Government plans and programs
- Provide research support to UNDP efforts to provide high quality analysis and technical support to the Government of Kyrgyzstan on climate change policy and programs.
- Provide coordination and networking support to UNDP efforts to multi-stakeholder efforts to coordinate and develop partnerships for stepped up climate change action and compliance with the Paris Agreement in Kyrgyzstan
- Stimulate innovative approaches in project formulation and ensure effective application of technology, digital capacity and engagement of stakeholders including civil society, private sector and academia in UNDP’s climate change support and action.
- Ensure concepts and products development consider differentiated gender needs, and harness opportunities to contribute to green economy approaches.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
Climate Change, Geography, Engineering, Development studies or related field
Required experience: 24 Months
Strong commitment to environmental sustainability, and experience working on climate change, energy access and or public-private partners.
Experience in assisting project conceptualisation, drafting or management preferably with regards to climate change or energy related issues.
Experience in project monitoring, evaluation and verification a plus.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Russian(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Area of expertise: Other energy, environment and climate change related experience
Driving license: No
Adaptability and Flexibility, Creativity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 21 September 2020