Consultant (Project Evaluation, WASH)
We are looking for Consultant to do Evaluation of Contributing to community resilience through livelihood and WASH interventions for returnees, remainees and IDPs in Anbar Governorate, Iraq Funded by BMZ
What we are looking for
This formative evaluation should be led by a person (or persons) or firm have following:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in humanitarian and development interventions in conducting evaluations for international humanitarian organisations and donor agencies
- Demonstrated experience in the monitoring and evaluation of WASH and Livelihoods, with preferably some experience in gender and protection in emergencies programming or programmatic knowledge of these two sectors
- Experience in the use of quantitative and participatory qualitative methods of data collection
- Strong facilitation and English writing skills are also required
- Knowledge of ICT tools for mobile data collection (Mainly Mobenzi, Survey CTO)
- Commitment to safeguarding policy.
- Commitment to feminist principles in Evaluation.
Following are not mandatory but desirable:
- Knowledge of the context in Iraq or in middle east and familiarity or direct experience working in Iraq or in the Middle East broadly
- Familiarity or fluency in Arabic is an advantage
- Experience of working modalities of Oxfam, is preferred.
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in career development, to act as key contributor to MEAL team, to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their fields activities, training and development, offers fair pay and competitive benefits package.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (EOI):
Interested Individuals, organizations or research/consultancy firms, with the experience and skills descried in the ToR should submit Expression of Interest/EOI/. The EOI must include
- A cover letter of no more than 2 pages introducing the evaluator/organisation and how the skills and competencies described above are met, with concrete examples. Please also use this cover letter to indicate the consultants’ availability for the proposed period. Note: the evaluation should start as early as possible in September 2020 to conclude in October 2020
- Technical Proposal: The technical proposal should include an interpretation of the objectives of the consultancy, detailed methodology and an elaborate work plan. Organization/individual capacity statement, past experience and activities related to evaluation, CVs of the consulting team and their roles in the achievement of the assignment; names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional referees.
- Financial Proposal: A one-page budget of the offer, covering all major anticipated costs; (proposed budget should not be included in the technical proposal).
- Two to three samples of evaluation reports for evaluations conducted in WASH, and/or livelihoods or in other sectors
Please submit the EOI and other documents by 12:00 am Iraq time by 16 September 2020 to email@example.com with “Evaluation of Contributing to community resilience through livelihood and WASH interventions for returnees, remainees and IDPs in Anbar Governorate, Iraq Funded by BMZ’’ in the subject line. No EOIs will be accepted after deadline.
All questions or clarifications of a technical nature are to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested applicants can collect the Terms of Reference/ToR/ from OXFAM in IRAQ Country Office, starting from September 7, 2020. Or Oxfam Logistics team can send the ToR for interested applicants via email. Applicants are required to carefully read through the ToR, make a note of the planned time table, and submit their responses by 16 September 2020 (5:00 PM). No questions or clarification will be entertained after 16 September 2020 COB.
This invitation to tender has been issued for the sole purpose of obtaining offers for the provision of the services requested against the TOR. OXFAM reserves the right not to enter into or award a contract as result of this invitation to tender. OXFAM also reserves the right to terminate any contract issued as a result of this invitation to tender as set out in the contract terms and conditions.
OXFAM in Iraq office is located in Erbil, Ankawa, Hadyab Neighburhood, Postal code 44001
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
In response to Covid-19 if you are offered a role where you are required to travel between countries please ensure you have been briefed by the Hiring Manager about any changes to working or precautions you should take as part of your role.