Water Program Support
CEMML is a research, education and service unit within the Warner College of Natural Resources at CSU. CEMML applies the latest and most appropriate science to promote the sustainable management of natural and cultural resources on Department of Defense (DOD) and other public lands. We provide technical support, conduct applied research, and offer career development and learning opportunities to support resource stewardship. We collaborate with our sponsors and within CSU to resolve complex environmental issues, leaving a legacy of science-based decisions that sustain our resources for future generations.
To learn more about CEMML’s contributions to land management, our mission, vision, and values, visit http://www.cemml.colostate.edu/.
Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Oahu, Hawaii.
Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam is the larger of Navy Region Hawaii’s two installations. JBPHH is home to more than 175 tenant commands, 11 ships, 18 submarines and 6 fixed-wing aviation squadrons. Total base population is 66,300+ Navy and Air Force active duty personnel, civilians and family members.
This position will provide technical support to NAVFAC Hawaii’s Environmental compliance branch ensuring compliance to all regulatory requirements of the Stormwater, Drinking Water, and Wastewater commodities. The candidate will provide technical oversight and subject matter expertise in support of a variety of projects including stormwater, drinking water and wastewater planning, inspections, analysis, review, and reporting. The overall goal of this support is to ensure compliance with local and federal regulations.
Relocation expenses are available for this position. An allocation of $3,000 is available for moving expenses.
- A bachelor’s degree with 3 years of professional, post-baccalaureate experience.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in Water Program Support.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of environmental compliance programs.
- Other required qualifications are the ability to work independently, take initiative to resolve issues, and demonstrate superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to pass the DoD background check for a Common Access Card (CAC).
- Must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license by the employment start date.
- The successful candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States by the proposed start date. CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
- Understands the necessary communication protocols for working with military personnel.
- Experience with stormwater monitoring, inspections, and management plans.
- Experience with drinking water quality reporting, Underground Injection Control testing/reporting.
- Experience with wastewater monitoring, inspections, and management plans.
- Experience working in a highly structured organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of military instructions, directives, guidance, and environmental regulations and processes.
- Existing National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) is highly desired.