Water Quality Scientist
Water Quality Scientist
Watershed Consultingis seeking a full-time Water Quality Scientist for our busy Burlington, Vermont office. The Water Quality Scientist will assist with watershed initiatives related to stormwater planning, modeling, design, and permitting. This position will support our water quality services consulting for municipal, state and federal governmental agencies and private/non-profit sector clients.
- Manage and perform fieldwork to support water quality research, soil characterization and testing, road drainage inventories, stormwater retrofit planning, and water quality monitoring and compliance
- Provide support for stormwater master planning studies in rural, urban, agricultural, and forestland settings to prioritize watershed improvement projects at the site, municipal, and regional scale
- Provide support for preparation of grant applications and responses to request for proposals for water quality initiatives
- Assist with stormwater modeling studies under the supervision of senior hydrologist
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Physical Geography, Geology, or related field from an accredited institution AND 2+ years professional experience within a water resources field OR Master’s degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Physical Geography, Geology, or related field from an accredited institution.
- Understanding of general concepts related to hydrology, hydraulics, soils, water quality, water resources planning, and environmental statistics
- Knowledge of Vermont stormwater regulatory framework
- Experience in Geographic Information Systems
- Ability to work in varying environmental conditions in the field
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong critical thinking, reasoning, and problem-solving ability
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
We offer a competitive salary based on qualifications and experience and excellent benefits and opportunities for professional development. Our highly desirable office location is located in Burlington, VT in the South End Arts District, within walking distance to Lake Champlain, the Burlington Bike Path, and Oakledge Park. Our office is temporarily working remotely due to COVID-19.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
Our office is temporarily working remotely due to COVID-19.
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19