Consultant (Corporate Climate Strategies)
South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all six continents, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Consultancy & Advisory Services team provides our clients with outstanding technical expertise that enables the successful implementation of complex sustainability projects. Our expertise spans across multiple topics including land and water management, climate strategies, renewable energies, environmental impact assessments, green products, climate policy, carbon pricing, climate finance, and sustainable finance, to name just a few. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The purpose of the Consultant is to lead the development of proposals and the implementation of complex projects. The Consultant focuses on the timely delivery of high quality consultancy advice on sustainability topics for international clients and is responsible for the overall management of proposals and projects.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Project manage sustainability consulting mandates of moderate complexity during their whole cycle: initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project
- Plan and implement projects with necessary know-how and skill set to ensure the most efficient and highest quality implementation
- Interact with and build relationships with our local and international clients, and manage the timely delivery of mandates
- Develop proposals with the responsible key account managers and senior consulting staff, to support business development activities for the company
- Provide guidance and technical leadership in the development of proposals and implementation of advisory projects with a low level of complexity
- Develop and improve specialised skills and knowledge linked to topics and services offered by South Pole
- Support senior consulting staff and key account management team to further develop thought leadership, South Pole’s services and products, marketing materials, and our offerings
- University Degree, ideally at a Master’s level or higher in a sustainability-related field
- Relevant work experience (the expectation is 2-4 years) in sustainability consulting or related fields
- Ability to manage projects of moderate complexity, technically and administratively, and to coordinate project teams
- Ability to create high quality written documents (proposals and deliverables) in English and Spanish with a moderate level of autonomy
- Ability to play an active role in client/stakeholder interaction
- Have a modest network of potential clients, collaborators or other relevant stakeholders
- Sound understanding of environmental sustainability challenges and specific consultancy experience in the relevant areas of the practice
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and Spanish
- Practical experience in sustainability strategy, GHG management, adaptation, change management is desirable
- Knowledge of any other languages are a plus
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need