Home-Based / Remote
Mid-Level (5-7 Years)
Advanced Degree (Master's or JD)
Water-food-energy security Nexus Specialist
- Help establish an online GMS platform for climate-smart agriculture to discuss options to reduce water, energy, carbon and environmental footprint in agriculture;
- Guide preparation of national level water-food-energy security nexus assessments and identification of priority interventions to address trade-offs related to nexus;
- Train government staff in integrating nexus thinking in the design of projects, and in integrating water-food-energy security nexus in agricultural development plans;
- Develop relevant knowledge products on agricultural adaptation in the context water-food-energy security nexus;
- Conduct studies on adaptive agricultural options that proactively consider water- food-energy security nexus and employ innovative technologies (e.g., solar irrigation, agricultural waste to energy for food processing);
- Assist government staff in preparing at least two funding proposals for agricultural investment projects considering water-food-energy security nexus.
- A master’s degree in natural resources management, environmental economics, environmental science or related disciplines;
- Recent experience working for ADB;
- At least 7 years of relevant experience examining water-food-energy security nexus issues, preferably in the GMS.