SLR is a leading global consulting firm. Our teams provide consulting and advisory services to various sectors including oil & gas, industry, built environment, federal government, mining & minerals, power, and infrastructure.
Why join SLR?
SLR provides a healthy and dynamic work environment, challenging career opportunities and competitive compensation and benefit packages. Our "One Team" culture is the foundation on which our company is built. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity for personal and professional growth, come shape your ambitions with SLR.
SLR has an immediate opportunity for a Junior Contaminant Hydrogeologist to join our Markham or Guelph office. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with excellent technical, client service and people skills to join our growing operations. This position will be responsible for contributing to a variety of key projects while working with our best in class team.
- Support hydrogeological investigative and monitoring work programs; undertake field work and manage/oversee collection of information
- Analyze and interpret hydrogeological information; prepare hydrogeological technical reports for submission to clients and regulators
- Liaise with multidisciplinary teams commensurate with project needs and integrate hydrogeological findings and interpretations with those of other scientific, planning and engineering disciplines
- Prepare proposals and contribute to development and execution of service line, business sector and client business development plans
- Build relationships with clients and ensure excellent service delivery
- Design and analysis of aquifer testing and monitoring programs to characterize the physical and geochemical characteristics of the subsurface environment
- Develop conceptual hydrogeologic models that consider aquifer characteristics, groundwater quality and geochemistry and overall water balance at both the local and regional scale
Experience and Education:
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or earth sciences with a specialization in environmental stream
- Graduate degree in engineering or earth sciences with a specialization in hydrogeology considered an asset
- Eligible to obtain professional registration as a Professional Engineer or Geoscientist in Ontario
- 1 to 5 years of experience in contaminated site management with a focus on contaminant hydrogeology is preferred
- Broad knowledge of hydrogeology (water resource management, groundwater chemistry, aquifer development, modeling and surface water- ecology-groundwater interactions) considered an asset
- Working knowledge of provincial, local and industry-specific regulations and guidelines
- Demonstrated experience with the preparation of hydrogeological reports, including data presentation, data interpretation, development of conclusions and recommendations
- Eligible to work in Canada and ability to travel to conduct fieldwork
We thank all those who apply for our Junior Hydrogeologist opportunity in Guelph/Markham; however, only selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
SLR is an equal opportunities employer. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact our HR team at . We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation. For details of our equal opportunities policy please contact a member of our HR team.