Position Title: Environmental Science Manager
Employer: SLR Consulting (Canada) Ltd.
Business Address: #200-1620 West 8th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V6J 1V4
Location of Employment: #6131 6th Avenue, Whitehorse, YT Y1A 1N2
Term: Full time, 40 hours per week, Permanent position
Salary: range of $48.08 - $57.69
SLR is a leading global environmental and advisory consultancy with a network of offices in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Australia and Africa. We focus on providing a wide range of strategic and site specific environmental and advisory solutions to our diverse and growing base of private sector, regulatory and governmental clients. With over 1,200 staff operating in our 5 regions we are able to supports clients across the Built Environment, Financial, Industry, Infrastructure, Mining & Minerals, Oil & Gas and Power Sectors.
SLR has an immediate requirement for a highly motivated individual with excellent technical, client service, and people skills to join our operations in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory as an Environmental Science Manager. This is a permanent, full-time position based on a 40 hour week. The Environmental Science Manager will work out of our office located at #6131 6th Avenue, Whitehorse, YT Y1A 1N2.
The offered salary will range between $100,000 - $120,000 per annum.
The position offers five weeks of vacation per annum, together with extended medical, dental, and disability benefits, life insurance, and enrollment in our RRSP plan.
The duties of the position will include the following:
- Provide senior leadership in the area of hydrogeology, including mentorship of team members;
- Develop proposals and marketing plans;
- Manage projects, preparation and review of technical reports;
- Liaise with clients, subcontractors and regulatory agencies; and
- Develop budgets using financial acumen ensuring that projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Masters degree in hydrogeology or a related field of expertise;
- Professional registration or the ability to attain such registration;
- Minimum 10 years of experience in hydrogeology;
- Working and demonstrated knowledge of Provincial, local and industry specific regulations and guidelines;
- Proven ability to secure business and deliver work products "fit for purpose" and focused on client needs;
- Excellent demonstrated written and verbal communication skills; and
- Demonstrated broad knowledge of hydrogeology (water resource management, groundwater chemistry, aquifer development, contaminant fate and transport, modeling and conjunctive surface-groundwater management schemes).