Water Projects Manager
Amazon is looking for a results-oriented individual to join the AWS water infrastructure team. In this role, you will execute projects related to water based cooling system infrastructure with assistance from internal teams including construction, operations, engineering, environmental, and project commissioning teams. You will work with outside engineering consultants and general contractors, water treatment vendors and local utilities to ensure projects meet regulatory standards and a high bar for operational efficiency, reliability, and safety. You will be responsible for executing multiple water projects across different locations along the US east region and Canada, monitoring operational metrics, and ensuring system reliability after project hand-off to the regional operations team. You will also be the central point of contact for all issues pertaining to water management and treatment systems. If you have an understanding of water based critical cooling infrastructure for large-scale building operations, have experience delivering concurrent large scale projects across multiple regions, and understand the constructability of varying designs, you may be a good fit.
The Water Projects Manager will be responsible for the following
· Manage all Water Systems for U.S. East region
· Engineer, implement and monitor water treatment/operations projects and identify optimal design criteria for scaling projects to full-scale deployment across different regions.
· Work with internal teams to trouble shoot problems and conduct Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Corrective Action (CA) for design and fleet deployed water systems.
· Work with local water utilities to understand and coordinate site utility requirements, site inspections and compliance with federal, state and municipal requirements and building codes.
· Reliability and maintenance of water systems required for data center cooling.
· Oversee support, and testing/validation of systems during installation, operation, and maintenance of water treatment equipment and associated mechanical systems.
· Interface with internal engineering, operations, real estate and environmental health and safety teams to develop and implement solutions in mission critical facilities.
· Promote standards that maintain consistency and reliability in services delivered.
· Travel for site review and conduct engineering evaluations, audits, and site launches.
· Overseeing maintenance and compliance of on-site potable water and treatment systems.
· Work on concurrent projects in multiple geographical regions.
· Develop mechanisms and processes to ensure on-time delivery of projects.
Up to 15% travel as needed for project execution. This position is based in Northern Virginia.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university
· 7+ years work experience delivering water infrastructure projects and working knowledge of water chemistry, disinfection, bacterial control in building water systems and water and wastewater treatment technologies for industrial applications.
· Experience designing and delivering water treatment systems for utility and industrial customers.
· Experience interpreting civil and mechanical drawings and equipment specifications and able to carry design concepts through exploration, development, and into deployment/scalable implementation.
· 10+ years of direct experience with the construction, operation, or maintenance of water and wastewater treatment equipment fleet management.
· Advanced degree in Chemical/Environmental/Civil Engineering or related discipline.
· Analytical mindset that can identify gaps in requirements during project development, predict performance, and have the ability to provide water treatment recommendations with limited information.
· Experience with IT infrastructure, data centers and cloud services and understanding of mechanical/plumbing related to data centers/buildings including but not limited to: chillers (air-cooled and water-cooled), cooling towers, air handling units, air economizers.
· Knowledge of water and wastewater regulations in the States of Virginia, Maryland, Ohio and Eastern Canada.
· Delivering results working with cross functional business teams including engineering, construction, real estate, policy. legal and business development.