Pacific Region Water Senior Leader
AECOM is actively seeking a Pacific Region Water Senior Leader with municipal water infrastructure and water resources experience to join our team in our Las Vegas, NV office. The Water Group Leader will join our rapidly expanding West Region Water Business Line to help build AECOM’s water business in Southern Nevada.
The successful candidate should be a “seller/doer” in municipal water infrastructure and water resources and should demonstrate an established career with strong client contacts, relationships and engineering experience with local clients in Southern Nevada and the western region. This individual will be a creative, highly talented technical leader responsible for the oversight, management and business development of large, complex local, state, and federal projects, including; water and wastewater treatment facilities, conveyance and pumping systems, flood control structures and systems, dam and levee improvements, and other water resources planning and design projects.
Responsibilities of this position may include, but not limited to:
- Business Development & Marketing – Support business development to grow the local and national water practice. Work with and be the point of contact with clients to provide long-term solutions and maintain and develop strong client relations.
- Technical – Prepare/review calculations, design criteria, technical memorandums, research, and attend meetings to discuss and present findings/recommendations to clients. Preparation of contract documents: plans, specifications, cost estimates and schedules. Construction support to clients.
- Project Development - Supporting clients through the full project lifecycle: planning/design/construction/operations. Preparation of facility evaluations, alternative analysis, cost estimates, drawings, specifications, bid and construction support.
- Project Management - Manage projects on a local to national basis; including maintenance of project resources, quality control, budget and schedule. Management of multi-disciplined project teams and sub-consultants.
Projects include pipelines, pump stations, water resources, water treatment, wastewater treatment, collections, storage, conveyance, distribution, hydraulics, hydrology, groundwater, reclaimed water, storm water, modeling, planning, design, operations and maintenance.
- Sponsorship is not available for this position
- Minimum Requirements
- BA/BS degree plus 8 years of relevant experience
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Nevada or the ability to obtain one within 6 months of starting employment
- 10+ years’ experience with management and design of water resources and municipal water infrastructure and construction phase services
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Experience in the planning, design, and construction including water/wastewater treatment facilities, water distribution and sewage collection systems, conveyance and pumping systems, flood control, drainage, dam, levee, and other water resources planning and design projects.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting business development activities and defining new markets and services, strong existing client relationships within the Las Vegas Valley area is preferred.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Water - Wastewater
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 239255BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.