Watershed Resource Specialist II
Performs a variety of assignments of moderate difficulty related to the implementation and coordination of the island-wide watershed preserve management program; and performs other related duties as required.
Vacancy is with the Honolulu Board of Water Supply (BWS). This position independently performs a variety of moderately difficult assignments relating to activities and programs of the BWS that maintain, enhance, and preserve watershed forest lands and address long- and short-term effects on the island's watersheds and water supply.
Additional Job Information:
At time of application, you must be a citizen, national or permanent resident alien of the United States or a non-citizen eligible under federal law for unrestricted employment.
***Subject to funding availability.***
1) Only ONLINE applications will be accepted. Applications must be submitted online by AUGUST 19, 2020, 11:59 p.m., Hawaii Standard Time (HST) to be accepted.
2) Paper applications will NOT be accepted.
Some notifications will be sent via e-mail. You are responsible for monitoring instructions and correspondence from this office by checking your email account in a timely manner. To ensure proper delivery, please make sure you:
- use a valid e-mail account;
- verify your e-mail address is entered correctly on your GovernmentJobs account;
- are subscribed to email notices;
- check your spam folders; and
- add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your contact list.
There is one vacancy with the Honolulu Board of Water Supply, Water Resources Division. This list may be used for future vacancies in this department.
Special Work Conditions: Work is performed outdoors in varying terrains and conditions and may involve exposure to inclement weather. When conducting surveys and other related projects in watershed areas, position carries a backpack weighing up to 35 pounds, and hikes in back country and mountainous terrain for distances of up to approximately 10 miles and for a duration of up to 10 hours.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Substantially equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major work in natural resources management or development, horticulture or botany, or a related field.
Verification Requirement: You must submit evidence of your education within 7 days of filing this application. You may attach an electronic copy of your diploma and/or official transcript to your application, or mail a photocopy to: Department of Human Resources, 650 South King Street, 10th Floor, Honolulu, HI 96813. Copies will not be returned.
One year of responsible professional experience in the monitoring, surveying, restoration and management of watershed preserve areas.
- Certification in the appropriate category as a Commercial Applicator of Restricted Pesticides, prior to completion of probation.
- Possession of an appropriate valid driver's license (automobile/Type 3), prior to appointment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE EVALUATION: In addition to meeting the above minimum qualifications, your application will be further evaluated. Your score will be based on the quality, quantity, and/or recency of your education and experience.
Education and Experience Evaluation . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 100%