Water Program Manager
Founded in 2005, the Hill Country Alliance (HCA) brings together an ever-expanding alliance of groups throughout a 17-county region of Central Texas with the long-term objective of preserving open spaces, water supply, water quality and the unique character of the Texas Hill Country. A regional non-profit organization, HCA focuses on community engagement around protection of Hill Country land, water, and night skies. Led by a highly involved, professionally and geographically diverse board, HCA bridges traditional boundaries (e.g. urban-rural divides) through education and outreach, capacity building, gentle advocacy, and partnerships to ensure a healthy and vibrant Hill Country for future generations.
This position reports to the Executive Director of HCA and works in close coordination with other programmatic and development staff. Primary areas of emphasis include:
STRATEGIC PROJECT DEVELOPMENT & MANAGEMENT
- Identify, plan, and execute collaborative projects designed to improve the long-term resilience of Hill Country water resources.
- Partner with regional water leaders including utility managers, elected officials, city and county staff, groundwater districts, nonprofits, universities, and other relevant agencies.
- Identify local, state, federal funding programs for water-related conservation, green infrastructure, and One Water projects.
- Coordinate and implement timely responses to emergent issues as well as long-term strategies with a diverse spectrum of partners.
- Craft focused policy strategies that advance water-related goals at the local, regional, and state level.
For more information, read the full job description here.
All candidates are asked to send their cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.