Water Resources Engineering Intern
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is currently seeking a Water Resources Engineering Intern for Summer 2021 to perform Water Resources and/or Water/Wastewater work in our Fairfax, VA office. Individual will create perform concept level design of treatment works and analyze hydrologic and hydraulic models and computations for storm water and watershed master planning, stream restoration, and water quality studies.
*Local candidates preferred, no housing stipend provided
Required Skills & Required Experience
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a focus in Water Resources or related field is required.
- Knowledge of water quality modeling, wastewater modeling, and water quality regulatory issues.
- Knowledge of floodplain delineation, storm water management, culvert and bridge hydraulics, and drainage design.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Proficiency in MS Office software
- Ability to work in a team environment
Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.