- Solid International business thriving & expanding during coronavirus
- Making a difference every day toward climate change & environmental protection
- Highly respected water and environmental consultancy, 100% employee-owned
Who we are
One of Australia’s leading professional consulting companies, Water Technology delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 100 professionals providing support & advice on issues relating to the management of the coastal zone, surface water and groundwater resources, watercourses, floodplains and catchments.
Unique COVID-19 position
We have continuously adapted to the COVID-19 health pandemic with a remote workforce, and we have proved we have stepped up to the challenge. Routine, trust, process & structure have proven to be a crucial part of the business management over the last couple of months, and as a result, WFH has redefined our traditional working week. Additionality, our agility and realignment have set us up for continued growth and expansion into new markets.
About the role:
We have an outstanding opportunity for an experienced, senior engineer with top-notch TUFLOW modelling skills, to join a group who operate collaboratively and offer flexible working arrangements. The group specialises in rural surface water and floodplain management, with strength in catchment hydrology, floodplain and wetland hydraulic modelling. We are great at taking technical information and communicating it with our clients, stakeholders and community.
Key capabilities, Skills & Experience:
- Enjoy & take pride in managing, coaching and directing junior staff
- Have a drive for business development & providing superlative client service
- Business savvy, with the ability to progress project management stages forward while engaging stakeholders
- People-friendly, with excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate
- An engineering degree with 5-10 years’ experience
- Experience in hydrology and TUFLOW hydraulic modelling, familiar with GIS software
- Open to self-assessment and evaluation, committed to learning new skills & innating
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee-owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
- A highly competitive salary and benefits package
- Supportive management and excellent resources
- Collaborative team environment based on core values
- Professional development and support of your career ambitions
- Family-friendly flexible working environment
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter briefly addressing the requirements of the role and a current CV to SEEK only. Or for a confidential conversation, please contact Kim McAuliffe, People & Culture Manager at (03) 8526 0800. **Applicants will be assessed as they arrive; therefore if you have an interest, we encourage you to apply at your earliest convenience.
Thank you in advance for your time and interest in this role. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Water Technology is proud to contribute to the increasing diversity of the Australian workforce. Supporting equity and diversity means supporting opportunities for all candidates to find suitable employment. As an inclusive recruiter and employer, we recognise individual differences, embrace individual strengths and look for opportunities for everyone to achieve their full potential. Our recruitment upholds the principles of merit and equity and we welcome Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, women, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ and mature age workers.