Head of Project WASH
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Head of Project WASH*
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Torit, South Sudan.
As Head of Project WASH (Water-Sanitation-Hygiene) you will be responsible for the implementation and coordination of Welthungerhilfe's WASH activities in the project region according to the prescribed content, organisational, temporal and financial framework. The project is carried out in accordance with Welthungerhilfe standards and the directives/provisions of the co-financer. You will ensure an appropriate use of funds as well as a correctly and duly reporting to Welthungerhilfe's Country Office and donors.
- Ensuring that all project relevant support (monitoring, logistics, finance administration, etc.) is in place
- Responsibility for all WASH-related local activities
- Carrying out the project planning, implementation, monitoring and the project's financial control
- Reporting to the Country Director/Area Manager/Programme coordinator on the progress of the project(s)
- Recruiting and managing staff according to Welthungerhilfe's policies
- Ensuring the implementation of Welthungerhilfe's HR policies and their adaptation to local conditions
- Contributing to the development of country policies and strategies
- Making project purchases according to internal procurement guidelines
- Monitoring of logistical procedures, including warehouse management, inventory control and distribution reports
- Representing Welthungerhilfe in relevant fora/clusters at state and national levels and within the humanitarian community
- A university or polytechnic degree in Water Engineering or equivalent technical qualifications that are commensurate with this position
- A minimum of 7 years of project and management experience in carrying out transitional WASH projects with international agencies
- Proven experience in planning, implementing and supervising WASH software activities
- Regional working experience in South Sudan would be an asset
- GIZ and/or BMZ Donor experience would be an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Coordination and organisational skills - even under a high workload
- Excellent spoken and written English
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by August 12, 2020. Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck.