OBJECTIVES AND CONTENT OF THE PROJECT
The overall objective of the Project is to contribute to the improvement of the living conditions of host communities and Syrian refugees of Turkey in terms of access to water and sanitation services.
The specific objectives are as follows:
- Provide access for host communities and SuTPs to safely managed drinking water and wastewater services.
- Participate in the protection of the region’s environment and, in particular, of its resources in fresh water, under stress due to climate change.
- Support the municipalities and SKI’s in achieving operational and financial sustainability in water and sanitation services.
The Project has three components:
- A water and sanitation infrastructure investment component, comprising ten projects located in six provinces (Kilis, Şanlıurfa, Gaziantep, Mardin, Mersin and Adıyaman);
- A technical assistance component, including in particular accompanying measures to improve the performance of water and sanitation operators (municipalities and metropolitan municipality water and wastewater administrations called “SKIs”), and to support ILBANK in on-granting management of the Project;
- Communication and visibility actions.
ILBANK (“the Beneficiary”) has received a grant from the French Development Agency (Agence Française de Développement – “AFD”), for the purpose of financing the costs of the “Municipal Services Project I” (the content of which is further described in the Annex 1 below). ILBANK intends to apply part of the proceeds for the recruitment of individual consultant services (“the Services”) for Social Consultant position (AFD-IND04). One consultant will be hired as a full-time basis.
The Social consultant will join ILBANK’s Project Management Unit, within its Department of International relations in Ankara, to participate in the daily tasks and activities associated with the management of the Project’s implementation, in close collaboration with ILBANK’s General Directorates and involved SKIs and Municipalities. The Services are expected to start in September 2020. The estimated duration of the Project is approximately 4 years. One-year contract will be signed with the Social Consultant.
ILBANK invites eligible consultants to indicate their interests for the Services mentioned above. For Social Consultant position, at least 3 applicants will be shortlisted. Those applicants will then receive a Request for Proposal including detailled terms of reference.
Interested applicants shall submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English in the format given in the Appendix II below, before August 11, 2020, 17.00 (local hour). In their CV, interested applicants must provide information evidencing that they are qualified and experienced to perform the expected Services ; only recent and similar services shall be considered when ranking the applications. Determination of the similarity of the experiences will be based on: (i) the nature of the services performed; (ii) the technical area of expertise; (iii) the application of international donors’ procedures; (iv) the location and, when applicable, (v) the sector.
Furthermore, the applicants are expected to fullfill all shortlisting criteria detailed below:
- At least bachelor’s degree in Social Science or Engineering or any other relevant discipline.
- Minimum seven years’ work experience in the management of ESIAs studies and/or social baseline data collection, stakeholder engagement, public consultation and disclosure in the local context or in cooperation with international donors/agencies such as the World Bank/IFC, the EU, AFD or the United Nations.
- Proficiency in key computer applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Fluency in written and oral English and Turkish.
In addition to the essential criteria listed above, experiences similar to the assignment, in particular recent experiences (< 7 years) in one or several projects financed by international financial and development organizations (such as the World Bank, the European Union, AFD, the United Nations, etc.), and/or in the water and sanitation sector, will be considered as a plus.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the e-mail address below during office hours (09.30 to 18.00).
Expressions of interest will be sent by e-mail within due time for application. The CV shall be sent in PDF format. Reference Number of the position you apply for shall be mentioned on the CV.
Attn: Mr. Özkan ÇÜÇEN, Manager of Contract Management Unit
ILBANK International Relations Department
Contract Management Unit
Kızılırmak Mahallesi Ufuk Üniversitesi Caddesi No:12
06510 Çukurambar-Çankaya/ANKARA, TURKEY
Telephone: +90 (312) 509 79 05
DEADLINE: August 11, 2020