Humanitarian WASH Master Development Coordinator
The Jordan mission is dynamic and rapidly growing, with large-scale WaSH and Livelihoods programmes being implemented in host communities (Azraq, Irbid, Jerash and Madaba) and the Azraq refugee camp. MHPSS programming is very small in scale, implemented in the north (Irbid). The Jordan Country Strategy has been recently revised, through an in-depth context review, community consultations and internal workshops. The overall objective of the strategy is to strengthen the resilience of vulnerable people to socio-economic and environmental challenges in Jordan, with an emphasis on rural and peri-urban women and youth. The revised strategy, in line with the needs of the Jordanian context, brings up interesting challenges in terms of development-oriented WASH programming, focusing on sustainable and multi-sectoral interventions. With a team of 8 international employees and more than 100 national colleagues, the Action Against Hunger Jordan office manages a portfolio of projects for approximately EUR 7.5 million, in response to the Syria crisis and its reverberating effects on development conditions in Jordan. Donor supporting these programmes range include the EU via MADAD, AFD, GIZ, and SDC.
The coordination office in Amman supports the three operational bases in Azraq, Irbid, and Madaba
Jordan is considered as a stable country where security conditions enable safe implementation of projects.
You will work in close collaboration with the German Jordanian University (GJU), Bioforce, UNICEF, the Global WASH Cluster and several humanitarian organizations and experts to launch and monitor a new Humanitarian Wash Masters’ Degree based in Jordan.
Your main priorities for the incoming Humanitarian Wash Master Development Coordinator to address are:
- Foster inter-agency coordination around the Humanitarian WaSH Master project
- Maintain and strengthen positive donor relations and external representation of consortia
- Lead the development, launch and technical oversee of the Humanitarian WaSH Master
- Ensure strong project cycle management practices are implemented by Action Against Hunger as well as by partners
- Ensure adherence to Action against Hunger gender requirements
You hold an University Degree in WASH and/or Public Health with 5 to 7 years’ relevant professional experience. You demonstrate strong understanding of the wash activities portfolio
You are proactive, oriented toward linking the humanitarian sector with the academic. You have proven experience in managing consortia with a diversified range of partners.
You are a good team player, networker, and strategic thinker, and you demonstrate initiative and creativity.
Specific conditions / Salary
Contract: 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation OR Jordan leglislation.
FOR FRENCH CONTRACT:
Compensation and benefits :
- Monthly gross salary from 2450 to 2800 € upon experience
- Per diem and living allowance: 357€ + 285€ (cf eurocost) net, field paid
- +150€ as country allowance
- + 16% of monthly gross. For non-French citizen for retrocession of retirement and unemployment insurance
- + child allowance
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year
- + 20 RnR per year
- + 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 3 months )
- Support for transport tickets to the reference recovery area
- 2/3 days training on finance tools before departure
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Intermission Workshop once a year.
Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
The Humanitarian WaSH Master Coordinator position gives the unique opportunity to combine the humanitarian work with the academic sector. If you are proactive, enjoy dealing with a variety of partners and love taking innovative and new challenges, join the team!