WASH National Project Officer
CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Programme Engineer, and in close collaboration with the Migration Health Program Manager and the Resources Management Office of the IOM/Libya mission, the incumbent will be technically supporting in the monitoring of all CERF WASH Projects being implemented by the Danish Refugee Council (DRC), Gruppo di Volontariato Civile (GVC) – Italia, Al-Emdad (National) and Terres des Hommes (TdH), specifically on the WASH infrastructure, Hygiene Promotion and Health Activities in Libya.
Activities includes the review of the proposals, the preparation of Detailed Health and WASH Monitoring Tools based on the individual partner’s project proposals, activity and project timelines, and monitoring that all WASH Infrastructure, Hygiene Promotion and Health activities were according to the signed agreement
- Coordinate the development of accurate Bill of Quantities (BoQs) and detailed technical drawings for all the WASH and Health interventions in liaison with relevant technical staff from the implementing partners and other stakeholders.
- Monitor and document all the technical aspect for project implementation, make sure that implementing partners and contractors complete project work in a timely, efficient and accurate manner with respect to contract agreement and standard engineering.
- Monitor that the implementing partners are involving the community at all phases of the project and the development of community ownership of the project.
- Promote and monitor the respect of construction standards as well as the security practices at the project site.
- Provide feedback to the monitoring and evaluation system in order to assess the effectiveness and the impact of the projects and propose recommendations for improvement if possible/needed.
- Contribute to the development of constructive solutions to challenges identified by the implementing partners, community and other stake holders.
- Maintain a good professional relationship between IOM and the implementing partners, DRC, TdH, GVC Italia and Al-Emdad, communities and contractors
- Provide regular written and verbal reports to the Program Engineer, Deputy CoM, MHD PM and RMU on the infrastructure’s development activities.
- Develop and maintain weekly, monthly plans and written comprehensive records of all WASH and Health activities undertaken in the project including site visits and reporting of work progress of the implementing partners.
- Train, guide and supervise project staff as assigned.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
This role work under overall guidance of the Project Manager
University degree in Water or Civil Engineering and extensive experience in post conflict environments, including management of Health and WASH infrastructure projects and Hygiene Promotion Activities.
A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field of WASH, infrastructure planning, construction and rehabilitation
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.