Irrigation Infrastructure Program Manager
The Tribal Irrigation Infrastructure Program Manager is a professional, full-time position responsible for managing and coordinating the Tribal Irrigation Infrastructure Program. The Tribal Irrigation Infrastructure Program is located within the Natural Resources Department - Division of Engineering & Water Resources
- Coordinate with the Tribal Council, BIA, and other agencies to develop, implement, and update the Long Range Tribal Irrigation Infrastructure Program Management Plan;
- Coordinate with the Tribal Council, BIA, and other agencies to develop, implement, and update the Annual Tribal Irrigation Infrastructure Program Management Plan; Prepare and submit fully inclusive annual budget proposals, carry-over requests, and follow up to assure that FY program budgets are included in the BIA Irrigation budget process;
- Prepare operating and capital budgets, and submit budget information to Tribal BIA in a timely manner.
- Coordinate Irrigation Infrastructure activities with Tribal Programs, BIA, and other agencies, including the NEPA process and all permit requirements;
- Organize and host monthly, at a minimum, coordination meetings with Tribal, BIA, and other entities to discuss past, current, on-going, and future projects with mutual interest;
- Develop, implement, and monitor project timelines that clearly define tasks, expected completion dates, responsibilities, and identify critical points that track all projects from conception to completion;
- Direct the NEPA process to assure compliance with the Act and other applicable regulations and requirements;
- Negotiate and prepare Work Orders and Project Specific Agreements with the Bureau of Reclamation and/or A/E consultants necessary to implement preliminary engineering, design engineering, construction engineering, and project management of irrigation infrastructure projects;
- Receive and implement Delegation of Authority specifics by the CSKT Tribal Council Chair (Contracting Officer) as the Contracting Officers Representative; Provide for review and oversight of all sub-contracted engineering projects by professional engineers;
- Provide for review and oversight of all contracted construction projects;
- Approve completed work products and authorize payment to sub-contractors in accordance with negotiated work orders and sub-contracts.
- Complete Tribal and BIA monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, and annual budgetary and programmatic reporting as required;
- Prepare progress reports and final Technical Report of Construction for all completed Irrigation Infrastructure projects;
- Review Irrigation Infrastructure Program staffing levels on a bi-annual basis and develop a staffing needs assessment for current and future program functions; Review Irrigation Infrastructure Program office and administration demands on a biannual basis and develop a needs assessment for future implementation; Other duties as required;
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AS REFLECTED ON THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, Irrigation Engineering, Biological Resources Engineering, Hydrologic/Hydraulic Engineering, Construction Engineering, or closely related field.
- Five years of professional experience, most of which must be in the planning, design, and construction of large irrigation structures or other technically complex public or private works projects. Additionally, program administrative experience with budgetary oversight and supervision of technical and non-technical staff.
- Possession of a valid State drives license with the ability to obtain a Montana Driver's license within six (6) months. Registered as a licensed professional engineer, or the ability to obtain such license within six (6) months of hiring.
- Also must wear Tribal Government identification and safety apparel when conducting field activities.
- Completed Tribal employment application.
- Certified copies of relevant academic transcripts and training certificates.
- Copy of a valid Montana State Driver’s License.
- Proof of enrollment from a federally recognized Tribe if other than CSKT.
- If you are claiming Veterans Preference, a copy of the DD214 must be submitted with the application.
SUBMIT ALL OF THE ABOVE TO: Cynthia Matt, Personnel Office, P.O. Box 278, Pablo MT 59855, telephone 406.675.2700, ext. 1259.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact: Dan Lozar, Natural Resources Division of Engineering & Water Resources @ 406.675.2700, ext.6244.