U.K. nationals: Project Officer: Promoting Adaptation to Changing Coasts Project (PACCo)
£28,123 pro rata
We’re seeking a positive, proactive, organised, and hard-working individual to join us as a Project Officer to help deliver a £22million cross-border climate change adaptation project. You'll provide vital administrative, secretarial, coordination, contractual and financial duties.
Led by the Environment Agency, with three English and three French partners, the project will: restore 100 hectares of coastal wetland in the Otter Estuary (Devon, UK) and Saâne Valley (Normandy, France); provide large benefits for biodiversity, local economy, public health and carbon reduction; and create, communicate and disseminate new, replicable and scalable methodologies and tools for use in future projects in the France Channel England (FCE) programme area and beyond.
You’ll be involved in ensuring the project runs smoothly, efficiently, to programme, quality and budget by March 2023. You’ll work with multiple organisations including project partners, co-financers, the FCE managing authority, coastal groups, local authorities, NGOs, charities and universities.
Your responsibilities of day-to-day project & programme management support include: report writing and minute taking; management of project documents, data, records and risk registers; regular project partner liaison; managing and processing finance claims and purchase orders; help arrange and organise regular project meetings, two cross-border partner meetings each year and conferences during project dissemination.
Your main team will be the project team, consisting of Senior User, Project Manager, and Communications Officer.
You’ll be part of a virtual team – working across different partners, organisations, and countries. It is your job to support them and get the best from every individual.
You’ll also be in our virtual team of project support officers. We’re committed to continuous improvement, supporting one another and sharing knowledge.
• Strong French and exemplar communication skills
• Strong team spirit with a can-do, positive, professional attitude
• Ability to work remotely and as part of dispersed teams
• Excellent organisational skills – can thrive under pressure and work to multiple deadlines. You’ll have an acute attention to detail, and plan, anticipate and act on your own initiative.
• Experience of project support and coordination including managing project and reputational risks, suppliers, finances, communications, internal and external stakeholders
• Competent in IT- video calls, Microsoft Teams and Office
• Successful track record which you’re proud; planning and delivering in complex environments, with a multitude of partners, to achieve desired results
• Desire to make a difference, be at the forefront, and create a better place
• Experience of Interreg and European funded projects
• Hold or working towards Prince2 Foundation and member of the Association of Project Management (APA).
Contact and additional information
If you want to work with a variety of people and range of opportunities to make the world a better place, both now and for future generations, we’d like to hear from you.
This is a part time position equating to 18.5hours a week.
Your base location will be our offices in Exeter. You’ll be expected to travel across the country and to our French partners, depending on Coronavirus, and therefore need good access to infrastructure, such as road and rail.
Interviews will be held via video conference in late August.
For further information on the project: https://www.channelmanche.com/en/projects/approved-projects/promoting-ad...
If you have any questions, please contact Mike Williams, Senior User, on or 07768 276793, or Grace Wight, Team Leader, on or 07717 588440.
Job description attachment 1
Job description attachment 2
05/08/2020, 23:55 hours