Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Officer
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International Philippines is currently implementing the Scaling Up Plan Philippines Covid-19 Response.
In line with this, Plan is looking for committed, hardworking and detail-oriented professionals to fill in the role of a Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) Officer. This role will be in charge of the implementation of the WASH response activities. He/She will be in close coordination with the response teams comprised of frontline staff coming from Plan’s implementing partners in Central Mindanao. This is for a three-month assignment.
- Graduate of Civil Engineering related course with/or equivalent construction practice.
- Minimum of three years of work experience in the field of construction in the sector of community development.
- Has knowledge and experience in Sanitation designs both in emergency and development, urban and rural settings.
- Has knowledge of WASH in emergencies and the Cluster approach.
- Ability to understand and speak the local language.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the Philippines. Local applicants are preferred.