Position: Project Officer
Centre for People’s Forestry
Location: Pathapatnam (Srikakulam District)
Last Date: 15th July, 2020
CPF (Centre for People’s Forestry) is a Civil Society Organisation established on 6th August 2002. It is a non-profit, non-political and secular organisation, working for the development of forest, rural communities and other resource poor people, especially the deprived and marginalised sections. CPF works in collaboration with the state and national governments.
CPF wishes to recruit a Project Officer, who will be responsible for effective implementation of Sustainable Livelihood and Empowerment to Adivasi community and Integrated Watershed Management Programme (IWMP) which is operational in Srikakulam district, Andhra Pradesh
• Overall responsibility to provide leadership and guidance to field team of Pathapatnam, in Srikakulam district.
• Provide technical support to field team to various project activities such as organic farming, agro-ecological practices and village development with special focus of tribes.
• Building rapport with Government Departments and other stakeholders for pursuing convergence of development for agriculture and infrastructural development in the project villages.
• Identifying training needs and facilitate capacity building trainings to the field team
• Responsible for delivery of project objectives including preparation of action plans and its achievements
• Preparing and submitting reports as per need
• To implement IWMP Project under Common Guidelines on Watershed Development, 2008
• Responsibility to execute Natural Resource Management (NRM), Productivity System Improvement (PSI) activities to restore the ecological balance by harnessing, conserving and developing degraded natural resources such as soil, vegetative cover, water and building sustainable livelihoods for rural poor.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Telugu & English
• Interpersonal & group skills
• Working knowledge of computer application is must
Desired candidate’s profile:
• Graduate in Agriculture/Civil Engineering or Post Graduate in Agriculture / Civil Engineering/ Development studies / Social Sciences
• At least three years experience in watershed / Agriculture related works with tribal preferred
• Willingness and ability to travel extensively in project area
• Age below 35 Years
• Fair knowledge of NGO sector
Eligible and interested candidates may send your CV’s along with one page write up on “Experience in facilitating organic farming among farmers and convergence with government line departments ” by e-mail at latest by 15th July , 2020.
Note: Salary commensurate with experience & qualification.
Female candidates and under-represented sections are encouraged to apply.
Apply on or before 15th July, 2020.
Centre for People’s Forestry
# 12-13-483/39, St. No. 14, Lane-6,
Nagarjunanagar Colony, Tarnaka,
Secunderabad – 500017
Cell No: 9963147324