Every person across rural India deserves to lead a more secure, prosperous, and dignified life. With that vision in mind, Sehgal Foundation’s mission is to strengthen community-led development initiatives to achieve positive social, economic, and environmental change across rural India. With support from donors and partners, Sehgal Foundation designs and promotes rural development interventions that create opportunities, build resilience, and provide solutions to some of the most pressing challenges in India’s poorest communities.
Sehgal Foundation invites applications for the position of Assistant Program Leader, Water Management (South India)
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana/Andhra Pradesh
Reports to: Director-Water Management
Qualification and Experience:
- Diploma/B.Sc./B.Tech in Civil Engineering or Bachelor in Environmental Sciences from a reputed national/state agriculture university
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience of working on rural water management and wastewater projects and experience as a trainer will be an advantage
- Strong project management and community mobilization skills
- Experience of working with NGO’s/ development sector will be an advantage
- Willingness to travel, stay and work in rural areas as per need
- Familiar with the local language, culture, water management issues in Southern India
- The candidate must have good communication skills in English and Telugu. Working knowledge of Hindi is preferable.
- Basic knowledge of computers- MS Office and Internet
- Coordinate and monitor the smooth implementation of activities related to infrastructure development projects related to water and sanitation
- Ensure deliverables are achieved in compliance with targets and procedures while ensuring high-quality standards
- Prepare project proposals along with the budget, bills of quantity (BOQ) and drawings
- Plan and design infrastructure development activities in villages in accordance with the needs of the community
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor and supervise field locations and ensure that quality standards are being adhered to.
- Develop and update curriculum for organizing training of field staff to enhance their professional skills
- Develop training modules and organize training programs for different stakeholders on water management technologies promoted by S M Sehgal Foundation
- Prepare regular narrative on the projects and manage project MIS
- Prepare the budget, financial reports, and manage the expenditure of the projects efficiently.
- Coordinate with the finance & administration department regarding invoices, contracts, payments, and fund utilization certificates
- Coordinate and facilitate partner visits to Sehgal Foundation and/or project sites
- Any other responsibility assigned by management as per the requirement of the organization.
Compensation: Salaries at Sehgal Foundation are highly competitive. Women candidates areencouraged to apply.
Deadline for applying: July 31, 2020
– Application for Assistant Program Leader, Water Management (South India).