COMMISSIONING EXTERNAL EVALUATION LOCALLY
Title : Evaluator (WOMEN CANDIDATES only)
Timeline : From August to September 2020 (2 months including reporting and documentation)
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION:
Tamil Nadu Social Service Society (TASOSS) is the Official Organization of Tamil Nadu Catholic Bishops’ Conference for Justice, Peace and Development and a state level forum for strengthening and facilitating the works of Diocesan Social Service Societies (DSSSs) in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry in Southern India. TASOSS was legally registered under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act 27 of 1975 on February 2, 1979.
TASOSS started as an apex body to coordinate, facilitate, train and focus on social intervention through mobilization, animation, empowerment and Strengthening of People’s Movements and Forming Federations.
Project Goal : Marginalized communities in Tamil Nadu are enabled to access and control their resources and to sustainably enhance their quality of life.
Project Objective 1: Strengthened capacities of Project Partners in facilitating the marginalized communities towards sustainable livelihood practices and protection of land and water resources.
• Community Based Organizations are involved in finding solutions to urgent problems like access to land and water, domestic violence, child abuse etc.
• PRI show more accountability and are more likely to report mismanagement and to protect the natural resources of marginalized communities.
• 80 % of marginalized community Households (HHs) facilitated by DSSSs have increased their income by 40%
Project Objective 2 : Enhanced collaboration of TASOSS, the Federation of CBOs and likeminded CSO networks on protection of land and water resources
• Due to activities organized by different stakeholders, the number of conflicts over access to land and water has declined
• CSOs/media engage TASOSS as a resource member for debates on access to land and water
Key Expectations from the Evaluators:
• Evaluation process is participatory and takes account of various perspectives from different groups (staff of the organization, project beneficiaries, partners, non-participants, etc.)
• Ensuring that as many perspectives as possible are included in the deliberations and that all project stakeholders experience a shared learning process.
• The Evaluation team must carefully examine whether the presence of project staff adds value and creates a framework in which the target groups can participate without being influenced. Some discussions should therefore be conducted without project staff.
• The evaluation team does make their own decisions about the information they require, how they analyze and the conclusions they draw.
• Must have the professional experience needed to analyze and assess the project.
• Must have the methodological expertise necessary for conducting evaluations.
ONLY WOMEN CANDIDATES NEED TO APPLY.
Local candidates will be preferred (Tiruchirappalli and nearby districts)
In case you are interested, Email the following details to
1. Detailed CV (Curriculum Vitae)
2. Covering note articulating your interest and your educational and professional suitability for the position in not more than two pages.