Gender and Water Policies Consultant
GENDER AND WATER POLICIES CONSULTANT
Within the framework of the UNESCO and the Italian Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the UNESCO “World Water Assessment Programme – WWAP”, under the overall supervision of the WWAP Editor, in close collaboration with all members of the WWAP Secretariat, the Gender Consultant is requested to develop activities with outputs related to the WWAP water and gender component, to the GEF funded IWLearn project, and other projects, as listed below:
1. Assisting and including the gender perspective in the preparation of projects, such those related to water scarcity with link to CC, in rural areas but not only, and related to unemployment and migration issues, and/or to the link water governance and gender, based on gender equality evidence (e.g sex-disaggregated water data).
2. Implementing project activities on gender and water management, with focus on the application of the WWAP Toolkit on sex-disaggregated data, including performing trainings in the countries or at WWAP headquarters (when possible), through webinars, F2F trainings, and other outreach activities.
3. Contributing to the production of text for project proposals on gender and water revolving around i) capacity on/and ii) assessments through sex-disaggregated water data, III) water and gender, and their links with unemployment, migration, or forced displacements and finalizing project-documents up to submission.
4. Partnering with other organisations for collaborative exchange and project development on gender integration into water programmes and projects, and capacity development.
5. Revising and complementing the WWAP comprehensive capacity programme on gender, possibly adding modules and/or informative text; assisting in the finalization of the capacity packages in several languages.
6. Prepare and deliver ad hoc training at regional and national levels for different target groups, in agreement with the WWAP management.
7. Producing policy and background documents, publications and communication and networking material for identified, specific processes and events.
8. Assisting WWAP communication team on gender-related campaigns and production of material (including messages for twitter, videos and other communication tools) for dissemination and outreach, including for WWAP website and social media.
9. Organizing and contributing to relevant gender-related events (F2F or on-line) such as international/regional conferences and workshops, through participation and oral presentations.
10. Assist providing inputs for water and gender reporting internally to UNESCO, to respond to external organizations, and for submission to partners and donors.
11. Undertaking missions as required.
For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.
* Advanced university degree(s) in the fields of water resource management and gender.
Technical Competencies and Experience Requirements
* 10 years of professional experience in design and management of gender integration into water projects, and mainstreaming gender equality and social inclusion into water policies and governance;
* Leadership experience in gender and water project management, capacity development and mentoring activities;
* Proved experience in designing and conducting gender analyses and the use of gender indicators;
* Experience with developing joint collaborations and partnerships including different institutions (governmental, NGOs, private) and at various levels (international, national, local);
* Track record of academic and technical publications;
* Excellent command of English and Spanish and proficient in written and oral communication and presentations.
* Very good IT skills.
* Ability to prioritize and deliver meeting deadlines, and to work under pressure.
* Ability to work with multicultural teams, create networks and deal with participatory processes.
Interested candidates should click on “Apply Now”, download and complete the following:
• Employment History form (Word file). At the end of the Word file, insert extra pages with the following required information:
• An approach and methodology for the assignment and a work plan
• A competitive fee for the assignment, which should be quoted in EUR and expressed on a monthly basis.
- An updated CV
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted.