Jal Seva Charitable Foundation (JSCF) is registered in India as a not for profit company under Chapter 8 of the Companies Act, 2013. JSCF, is an associate member of WaterAid International and uses the brand name ‘WaterAid’ in India. WaterAid India seeks to improve access to clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene for everyone, everywhere.
We started in 1986 because no non-profit like us existed. We are determined to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere. Only by tackling these three essentials, in ways that last, can people change their lives for good.
In India, WaterAid works with communities in rural and urban areas through partners. Thanks to our amazing supporters, we have reached millions of people with these three essentials – clean water, decent toilets, and good hygiene – enabling communities to unlock their potential to break free from the cycle of poverty and to change lives for good.
We will not stop. Not until clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene are a normal part of everyday life for everyone, everywhere.WaterAid India’s country office is based in New Delhi with Regional Programme Offices in Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Hyderabad and Lucknow. We currently work in 11+ states across the country.
WAI’s Programme focus in the next five years is on promoting and securing rights and access to safe and assured piped water supply, improved hygiene and safely managed sanitation for the poor in particular through direct services, and millions more through leveraging of the government’s schemes and reach.
To lead and implement the media and communications strategy in terms of awareness-raising on WASH issues and visibility thereby positioning WaterAid as the leading WASH organisation in India. To help create a brand-identity for WaterAid India to and to facilitate raising resources within the country.
- Design and implement effective communication strategies to increase awareness on key thematic issues
- Support the Regional Office teams in developing appropriate Information, Education and Communication materials for use by partners – government and voluntary organisations.
- Conceptualise, initiate and facilitate the production of communication materials (e.g., films, video, audio-visual, etc.), and oversee the qualitative aspects of production, (e.g., quality control, translation, review of layouts and graphic design)
- Facilitate documentation through various mediums on the work we do for a diverse set of audiences.
- Establish and maintain contacts with media houses and news agencies – English and in regional languages.
- Support and guide the Media Officer in arranging press conferences, news briefings, media interviews, visits and public events
- Support and guide the Media Officer in effective implementation of a media plan at national and regional levels
- Support and guide the Social Media Coordinator in maintenance and upgrades of the WaterAid India website and across various social media.
- Facilitate, monitoring of relevant media coverage and keep abreast of developments on WASH related issues in India
- Assess the general reaction of the public to the work of WaterAid on the basis of information gathered from media, organised groups and correspondence
- Write press releases, press briefings, press statements, media and campaign Q&As, place articles in the appropriate media, and clear internal memos on media developments
- Conceptualise, develop and review all relevant marketing communication (in coordination with the Resource Mobilisation function) to ensure alignment with the organisation’s policies and positions
- Support the resource mobilisation team in efforts to raise resources for our work in India through effective brand-building and communication efforts.
- Represent WaterAid India to the external world
- Build capacity of WaterAid staff in relation to media though the development of training materials and programmes, facilitating training sessions for staff where possible/necessary and briefing staff on campaign objectives/messages
- Evaluate all media work against WaterAid’s standards/guidelines/practices to feed into future media strategies
- Responsible for communication of media work/coverage/messages ensuring best practice
- Ensure consistency of media messaging from all staff, including monitoring that WaterAid’s media protocols are followed
- Responsible for media coverage of campaigns including identifying and creating opportunities for media work (e.g. incorporating campaign issues into staff work plans) and identifying internal and external events that provide platforms for media work
- Build and maintain a good understanding of the type of programme information required for the evolving needs of WaterAid India, ensuring quality standards are met in all external communications
- Collaborate with WaterAid’s global communications team, respond to queries and ensure WaterAid (India’s) work is well represented on websites etc.
- Safeguard the ethical standards and principles of WaterAid within the communication activities
- Supervise and evaluate functional team members; provide advice regarding communication issues when required; further develop the overall communication capacity within WaterAid
- Contribute as a Country Management Team member in the strategic planning and development of policies
- Ensure consistency across all communication vis-à-vis the brand
5. Eligibilities and requirements
- Post-graduate degree in Communications or an equivalent field, from a reputed institute
- Between 10 to 15 years of relevant work experience in similar organisational/functional context
- Strategic minded and results oriented
- Extremely strong communications skills in English and Hindi (both written and verbal), good editing skills, and ability to tailor communication materials for different audience
- Sound understanding of development, human rights or social policy issues and a good understanding of issues of programme learning and media advocacy
- Experience of leveraging various media and digital communication channels to reach and engage with different audiences
- Good network of media contacts in India
- Strong computer literacy, including ability to use word-processing, spread sheet and database software
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of co-coordinating or matrix-managing a team to deliver on objectives
- Ability to build support from staff across teams, and to build the capacity of others
- Experience of working within budget constraints
- High levels of integrity
- Willingness to travel significantly
- Published work, print, films, audio-visuals, etc.
To apply please download the attached application form. Kindly note that ONLY applications submitted on WaterAid's standard application form will be considered.
Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com Closing date: 20th July 2020
For further information on this job vacancy, please visit www.wateraidindia.in
Only Shortlisted candidates will be intimated of the interview
JSCF, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on organisational needs and priorities, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, ethnic origin, gender, age, or sexual orientation.