Drinking Water/Water Quality Protection Associate (Environmental Protection Group)
US-VA-Arlington, Virginia | US-MA-Waltham | US-WI-Madison
The Cadmus Group is a premiere consulting group focusing on water, energy, climate change, international development, and homeland security. With nearly 650 people in the U.S. and Europe, we offer intellectually challenging work, a collegial environment, opportunities for advancement, and an excellent benefits package.
We are seeking a highly driven and innovative individual to manage projects and spearhead technical approaches for Drinking Water/Water Quality Protection clients. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background and record of successful project management.
This position will support contracts with government clients in the areas of drinking water, water quality, climate adaptation, international development, and energy efficiency. Primary responsibilities will include performing a variety of water quality analyses, researching and developing new technical approaches based on client requirements, overseeing staff and client deliverables, and contributing to new business development.
The successful candidate will have a background in water resources, environmental engineering, or closely related fields; skills in geographic information systems (GIS), data science, and computer programming; and a record of academic and professional excellence. If you are interested in applying for this position, you should be able to work collaboratively and independently, be detail-oriented, and be able to manage multiple ongoing tasks. Example projects may include developing online tools for water utility climate adaptation; analyzing and reporting data on drinking water quality, surface water quality, or watershed conditions; or preparing maps and geographic analysis for international development projects. This position provides opportunities for advancement and steadily increasing responsibility.
- Manage projects, monitoring progress against milestones and budgets, coordinating client requests and expectations, and ensuring high quality deliverables
- Oversee and lead analysis activities to prepare, process, and interpret data for drinking water, surface water, and watershed protection projects
- Support the efforts of multiple projects and clients and adapt to shifting project needs and deadlines
- Participate in the planning and execution of business development targets
- Lead junior staff in executing GIS analyses, preparing data from a variety of sources, establishing geoprocessing and QA methods, and developing project-appropriate static or interactive map outputs
- Develop and/or oversee creation of interactive map applications, data visualizations, and web applications
- Develop methods to extract, clean, and organize data from a variety of sources, including spreadsheets, databases, APIs, or web services
- Oversee development of reports, case studies, presentations, and other documents for technical and non-technical audiences
- Other duties as required
- Master’s degree and 6-8 years’ professional work experience (or) PhD and 3-5 years’ professional work experience
- At least three years’ work experience using environmental data sets and geospatial data layers, such as climate, land use, demographic, ecological, hydrologic, or water sampling data
- A minimum of three years supervising a team, developing and managing a budget, and project management.
- Expertise in one area of water resources issues, such as drinking water contaminants, watershed or water quality modeling (i.e. TMDLs), or climate change adaptation
- Proficiency in advanced geospatial analysis with ArcGIS or QGIS
- Data analysis programming using R or Python and associated libraries, including experience with tidy data principals and knowledge of data visualization packages such as ggplot or Seaborn
- Skills in developing data visualization using platforms such as Tableau, Power BI, or Qlik
- Familiarity with database architecture and one or more database platforms (i.e. Oracle or SQL Server)
- Strong problem solving and communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong organizational abilities, ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States as a U.S Perm Resident or U.S. Citizen
- Three to five years of professional work in consulting or related field with supervisory duties,
- Degree in water resources, environmental engineering, or a closely related field
- Experience with ArcGIS Online platform and Story Maps
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages, git version control, or machine learning
- Applied experience with quantitative research activities in an academic or professional setting
- Classwork or professional experience with EPA regulatory programs.
This position may be located in one of our following offices: Waltham, MA, Arlington, VA or Madison, WI. Some domestic travel may be required.
To Apply - All candidates must submit Cover Letter, Resume and Writing Sample.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination. Cadmus is committed to providing a respectful workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation (including gender identity and/or expression), national origin, military and veteran status, physical and mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Learn more about Cadmus by visiting our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com