Instructor (Civil and Water Resources Engineering Technology)
Your role as a full-time instructor at Saskatchewan Polytechnic will be supported through instructional materials, on-going employer provided training, and our requisite Adult Teaching and Learning program. This initiative will develop our instructors professionally while ensuring a high quality learning experience for all Saskatchewan Polytechnic students.
Saskatchewan Polytechnic considers the diversity of our workforce to be one our leading strengths and greatest assets. Our employee diversity enhances our ability to meet the needs of an increasingly diverse student population. Currently, approximately 20% of our students are Indigenous. A continued emphasis on the development of a representative workforce is one of Sask Polytech’s strategic priorities and, as an organization, we are making significant efforts to attract and retain Indigenous employees.
This program trains students in the Civil and Water Resources Engineering Technology fields. The Instructor will support program areas of strength which will include Hydraulics, Municipal Infrastructure, Water quality, Civil design, and Transportation classes. The level of material to be taught will vary from introductory to advanced topics in Civil and Water Resources Engineering fields and the topic will range from theory to field work to design applications. An instructor in this role will be required to develop curriculum and training materials in accordance with leading industry standards, instruct on-campus in a classroom and field lab setting and undertake student evaluation and administrative duties.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities (QSA)
1. Related diploma or degree in Civil Engineering, or other related diploma or degree.
2. Member of or eligible for certification with SASTT as an A.Sc.T. or with APEGS as a P.Eng.
3. Two years’ recent/relevant experience (two years’ in the last five) in the Water Resources and/or Civil engineering field.
4. Effective communication skills (written and verbal).
5. Effective interpersonal skills.
6. Effective instructional ability.
7. Demonstrated competence and recent experience in the use of the internet, e-mail, MS Office Suite software and the ability to learn and adapt to changing technology
8. Ability to function as a team member in an ever-changing environment.
9. Demonstrates valuing diversity.