WASH Technical Program Manager
JOB TITLE -WASH TECHNICAL PROGRAM MANAGER
LOCATION- NATIONAL OFFICE
DURATION - 1 YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT
REPROTING TO - OPERATIONS TEAM LEADER
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Provide high level technical support to the WASH Program with a focus on improved access to Water Sanitation & Hygiene Practices. The position is responsible for profiling World Vision Lesotho in all relevant sector networks and technical working groups. The incumbent is the primary contact for the Organization in matters relating to the WASH Program.
1. Program Management and Reporting
Delivering the WASH project on time, scope and budget.
Provide quality reporting on the Technical Program and track indicators.
2. Program Development and Grants Acquisition
Provide technical capacity in the writing of the proposals, concepts etc. for WASH TP to acquire more funding and ensure all areas are adequately funded
3. Networking, Liaison and Advocacy
Establish and manage mutually beneficial working relationships with strategic partners at the National level, while providing similar support at Regional and AP level. Profiling of World Vision Lesotho in all relevant sector networks and technical working groups.
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position
4. People management
Provide coaching and mentoring of WASH Technical Staff, including setting and reviewing their annual Performance Agreements and Annual Appraisals in collaboration with their respective supervisors.
Ensure execution of project models with fidelity.
5. Learning and Innovation
Lead the sector specific and/or integrated research and learning initiatives by developing research concepts in collaboration with internal and external stakeholder, and undertake the proposed research with a view to generating lessons and knowledge for program effectiveness.
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or any other relevant degrees in community planning, development and behavioral change with 7 years International Non-Governmental Organization work experience.
2. A minimum of seven years proven experience and skill in management of WASH projects design and implementation.
3. Leadership and Team Work abilities.
4. Project Management and design experience, as well as project implementation and monitoring & evaluation
5. Experience in working with various major donors and government donor agencies
6. Capacity to function well in a team and contribute to team efforts
7. Excellent interpersonal , organisational, tme management, demonstrated leadership and management ability
8. A solid backgound in community developemnt behaviour change and hygiene
9. Experience with project design and proposal development
License, registration, or certification required to perform this position:
1. Drivers licence
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience
1. Adaptability and flexibility
2. Honesty and personal integrity, accountability and quality achiever
3. Excellent communication skills
4 Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
5. Capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts
6. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, demonstrated leadership and good management ability
7. Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psycho-logically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources
CLOSING DATE : 17 JULY 2020